We asked you to send us your stories of when your dog got into something he shouldn't have. Here are some of our favorites!
Alexis from Winter Garden, Fla., told "20/20":
While not your traditional story of "my dog ate the sofa" or "my dog ate the toilet paper," our border collie mix certainly created a life-long memory for me and my husband.
One hot August afternoon in Georgia about five years ago, I came home early from work (which, in hindsight, was a blessing) to discover the sound of water running in my house. After sloshing through an inch of water in my laundry room, living room, and master bedroom, I walked into the bathroom, where I found water shooting across the large room from the toilet and no dog to be seen.
After looking in the garden tub and discovering Murphy had "rescued" his toys and bedding by tossing them in the tub, I turned to the shower and pulled back the curtain to find my soaking wet border collie sulking and hiding in the shower.
It became apparent, upon further investigation, Murphy had chewed the pipe to the toilet which resulted in a busted pipe and an endless gushing of water shooting approximately six feet across the bathroom. Thousands of dollars later, we managed to get all of the water removed from the house and the flooring and drywall replaced.
Murphy, however, has yet to recoever from the trauma. To this day, even after moving twice, he will not walk into the master bathroom.
Brigett from East Helena, Mont., told "20/20":
I have a chocolate Lab named Bristol, aka Pistol. When she was about six months old she snatched my purse off the counter and took it outside through the doggy door.
At the time I had around $150 cash in my wallet. Needless to say I only found about $80 of it. Also missing from the purse snatching incident were some of my prescription medications I had in my purse!
She also destroyed my new furniture by eating one of the couch cushions and shredding the back on the chair.
Her new favorite thing is to haul blankets and pillows out the the doggie door and shred them in the yard. She also likes to pull her dog bed out the doggie door. So far she hasn't ruined it, but I'm not holding my breath!
Nancy from Garland, Texas, told "20/20":
We had a basset hound named Hildegard several years ago. She ate the remote control for the TV one day. I came home from a shift at the hospital to find her relaxing on the couch watching Oprah!
Deb from Hanover Township, Pa., told "20/20":
PEPPER SPRAY!!! Just last week, my mother was in her kitchen when she heard a hissing sound. She walked into her dining room to find out where the sound was coming from.
As she walked into the room she saw a can of pepper spray that had actually taken off through the air and was spraying its potent contents throughout the room. Out of the corner of her eye she saw her little culprit dash up the steps -- Kira, the 15-month-old beagle.
My mother tried to grab the can to get it under control as it spun throughout the room because of the pressure of its contents. Finally, after a spray to the face, she was able to grab the can.