"I hope the police look into this case seriously," Mills told ABCNews.com. "It's one thing to report the news, but a wholly different matter to try to create news by attempting a sting like this."
News Corp. says they have no comment on the incident, but this is not the first time the tabloid has been in hot water over an alleged sting operation.
Last year, the News of the World paid a woman to make a video of a private sadomasochistic group sex romp that included Max Mosley, president of a world motorsport organization that governs Formula One racing. Mosley is also the son of Oswald Mosley, the infamous British fascist politician and Hitler supporter. The newspaper ran the story with the headline "F1 Boss Has Sick Nazi Orgy with 5 Hookers."
The story shocked the world of racing and many were surprised when Mosley sued the paper for invasion of privacy. The case forced Mosley to come clean about his participation in the orgy, as well his non-traditional sexual tendencies, but he won the suit because the newspaper was unable to prove a Nazi-theme to the orgy, and therefore a lack of public interest.
Mosley, like Mills, has since been on a personal quest to correct the record on what has been reported about him.
"There is no doubt that many more lives than mine have been destroyed due to the abuse of this section of the British tabloid media," said Mills.
Mills has repeatedly delivered her complaints to the British Press Complaints Commission, an independent panel that arbitrates editorial complaints about news organizations. Five out of the five complaints she has brought to the commission have resulted in retractions and or apologies by the newspapers. In one case, the Sunday Mirror published a correction to an erroneous report that Mills had breast enhancement surgery.