2 cups Canola Oil
1 (3-lb) chicken, cut into pieces
1 TSP. salt
2 TSP. garlic salt
2 TSP. seasoning salt
1 TSP. chopped fresh thyme
1 TSP chopped fresh rosemary
2 cups all-purpose flour
2 TBSP. unsalted butter
2 celery stalks, diced
2 small white onions diced
3 garlic cloves, crushed
3 cups chicken stock
1. Heat the oil in a large cast-iron skillet over medium-high heat.
2. Wash the chicken, pat dry, and season well with the salts and herbs.
3. Dredge the chicken in ½ cup of the flour and shake off any excess. Lay the chicken pieces into the hot oil and cook for 7 to 8 minutes on each side. Remove to paper towels to absorb the excess oil.
4. Gradually whisk the remaining 1 ½ cups flour into the oil remaining in the skillet, and cook over medium heat until it begins to brown.
5. Add the butter, celery, onion, garlic, and stock and mix thoroughly. Put the chicken back into the skillet, cover and cook for another 15 to 20 minutes.