To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED. Eligibility: Good Morning America Pirates Premiere Sweepstakes (also referred to as "Sweepstakes" or "Promotion") open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with, Facebook.
1. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on April 22, 2011 and ends 11:59:59 am ET on April 27, 2011 ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
Step 1 – "Like" the Good Morning America Facebook Page
Navigate the internet to http://www.facebook.com/GoodMorningAmerica ("Website") and find the Pirates Premiere Sweepstakes tab on the GMA Page on Facebook. Click the "Like" button at the top of the page to unlock the entry form.
Step 2 - Entry Form
You must be a registered member of ABCNews.com to enter or you may become a member. Registration is free and only required once.
Enter as follows: a) If you are an existing ABCNews.com member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes home page with your current member name and password; or b) If you are not an ABCNews.com member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes home page. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, mailing address with zip code/postal code, phone number, e-mail address, gender, birthday, country, and to select a username and password.
Carefully read the Official Rules, then click the check box signifying that you have read, fully understand and agree to these Official Rules.
IF YOU DO NOT CHECK THE BOX INDICATING YOUR AGREEMENT TO THE OFFICIAL RULES YOU WILL NOT BE ELIGIBLE TO PARTICIPATE IN THE SWEEPSTAKES OR WIN A PRIZE.
Your Entry Information will together constitute your entry into this Sweepstakes ("Entry"). To submit your Entry, click the "Submit" button on the Sweepstakes Page. Proof of entering information at the Website is not considered proof of delivery to or receipt by Sponsor of such entry.
Limit one (1) entry per Facebook account for the duration of the contest. Multiple entries in excess of this limitation or mass entry attempts will result in disqualification of all entries in this Sweepstakes by such person or from such e-mail address. Use of automated/programmed/robotic means of entry or other artifice or device to enter more than once per day is prohibited and any entries submitted using such means will be voided. Sponsor and Administrator (as hereinafter defined) will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. Proof of submission of entry does not constitute proof of receipt of same. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 am ET on Wednesday, April 27, 2011, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 21 years of age or older. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees) who have, within six months prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Disney Destinations, LLC ("Disney"), Southwest Airlines Co., The Mark Travel Corporation (d/b/a Southwest Airlines Vacations), Administrator, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes, supplying the prizes, persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Good Morning America ("Producer") and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
3. Grand Prize (5 winners): Each winner will receive two (2) tickets to the World Premiere of PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN: ON STRANGER TIDES at Disneyland on 5/7/11 and two (2) one-day tickets to the Disneyland® Park in California for each winner and their guest (tickets only valid for the date of issue).
Each prize also includes travel accommodations provided by Southwest Airlines Vacations (SWAV) that consists of roundtrip air fare for two (2) on Southwest Airlines® on scheduled service from the airport nearest the winner's residence served by Southwest Airlines to Anaheim, California (airport of departure to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion), two (2) nights stay in one (1) deluxe hotel room (double-occupancy), and use of a rental car for three (3) days. Car rental includes a compact (for 2 people) for three 24-hour increments. Qualified drivers must be at least 25 years of age, have valid drivers' license and have a major credit card in his/her name. If neither winner nor guest is at least 25 years of age, rental car portion of prize will be forfeited and winner/guest will be solely responsible for their ground transportation. If winner's residence is within 200 miles of Disneyland, as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion, airfare will not be provided to the winner.
Items not included as part of the prize which are the sole responsibility of the winner include but are not limited to, the following: transportation between winner's home and airport nearest winner's home featuring Southwest Airlines Service; meals; travel insurance; room service; laundry service; spa treatments; alcoholic beverages; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; tips and gratuities; income taxes; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
Each trip is for one (1) winner and one (1) guest of the winner's choosing. Minors under the age of 18 must travel with a parent or legal guardian, who must be the winner.
Trips must be taken between May 6-8, 2011. If a winner is unavailable to travel on these dates for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner selected (time permitting) from among all remaining eligible entries received for random drawing.
Prize may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Trip elements may not be substituted and trips are non-commissionable.
The estimated retail value of each Grand Prize trip is $2,000.00. Total retail value of all prizes is $10,000.00. All benefits and payments are personal to the winners and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable. LIMIT ONE PRIZE PER PERSON/FAMILY/HOUSEHOLD.
Actual final value of trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure, airline ticket and airline availability and cost at time of purchase. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Airline carrier's regulations and conditions apply. Each winner and guest must travel together on specified itinerary and possess any identification or documentation required to travel. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor's approval. Any portion of a prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited, and the Releasees (as hereinafter defined) shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of the prize for any reason. Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes are the sole responsibility of each winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of his/her prize.
4. Validation/Winner Selection: Winners will be randomly selected on or about April 27, 2011 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential winners will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone and will be required to sign and return within 48 hours of receipt an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator. Among other rights, and without limitation of paragraph 5 below, in signing the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release, each winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities the right (but not the obligation) to videotape him/her; such videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Producer, as part of a broadcast or re-broadcast or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of Good Morning America or another program airing on ABC (or another network) or for promotional purposes by Sponsor, Disney or their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies. If a potential winner does not reply to such notification within 24 hours, an e-mail notification is undeliverable after up to 3 attempts and/or the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release or any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator is not signed and returned to Sponsor within 48 hours, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible entries received. The guest of each winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law), prior to issuance of travel documents. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If for any reason a prize is not claimed or if a winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries (time permitting).
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor's sole discretion, selecting winners from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.abcnews.com/gma. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Administrator or Producer for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an entry is acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Disney Destinations, LLC ("Disney"), Southwest Airlines Co., The Mark Travel Corporation (d/b/a Southwest Airlines Vacations), Administrator, Facebook, Inc., and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including travel related thereto) and/or entrant's acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to any prize, including without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a winner, winner grants Sponsor and its licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor shall not have any obligation to film, use or air winner's appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor's sole discretion. Additionally, the winner agrees to sign all release forms required by the producers of Good Morning America.
6. Disputes/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, and subject to the release and waiver of claims provision herein, entrants agree that: (1) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with Sweepstakes, (excluding any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with any prize awarded or the use thereof), or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective, and (2) waive any right to seek or obtain injunctive or other equitable relief, and (3) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (4) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Sponsor and Administrator in connection with Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York. Except where prohibited, and subject to the release and waiver of claims provision herein, entrants agree that any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with any prize awarded in the Sweepstakes or the use thereof shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively before the Circuit Court of the Ninth Judicial Circuit in and for Orange County, Florida; or, if the Circuit Court does not have jurisdiction, then before the United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida (Orlando Division); or if neither of such courts shall have jurisdiction, then before any other court sitting in Orange County, Florida, having subject matter jurisdiction. All issues and questions concerning the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Disney in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of Florida, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of Florida or any other jurisdiction.
7. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
8. Prize Suppliers: Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Disney Destinations, LLC ("Disney"), Southwest Airlines Co., The Mark Travel Corporation (d/b/a Southwest Airlines Vacations).
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Names of Prize Winners: For the names of the prize winners, available after May 7, 2011, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GMA Pirates Premiere Winners, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after June 30, 2011 will not be honored.