American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. "Good Morning America Presents the Maleficent Premiere Sweepstakes" Official Rules
To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
1. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
- Read the official rules and enter for a chance to win a trip to the premiere of MALEFICENT in Hollywood, Calif.! CLICK HERE TO ENTER.
2. Prize Provider(s): Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures and Virgin America.
3. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 400 9th Ave., 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001.
4. Eligibility: "Good Morning America Presents the Maleficent Premiere Sweepstakes" (also referred to as “Sweepstakes” or “Promotion”) is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees) who have, within six months prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for Sponsor, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Virgin America, Administrator, or any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies or who have within six (6) months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes performed services for any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, or persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Good Morning America (“Producer”) and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
5. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 7:00:00 am Eastern Time (“ET”) on April 16, 2014 and ends 4:59:59 pm ET on May 5, 2014 (“Promotion Period”). Sponsor’s computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
To enter, navigate the Internet to www.goodmorningamerica.com and click on the Maleficent Premiere Sweepstakes image which will take you to the Sweepstakes home page. You must be a registered member of ABCNews.com or one of the WDIG Family of Sites to enter or you may become a member. Registration is free and only required once. Enter as follows:
a) If you are an existing ABCNews.com member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes home page with your current member name and password.
b) If you are not an ABCNews.com member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes home page. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, mailing address with zip code/postal code, phone number, e-mail address, gender, birthday, country, and to select a username and password.
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from the WDIG Family of Sites or from third parties. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and does not improve your chances of winning.
Upon submission, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will not receive an acknowledgement. Free internet access is available at most public libraries.
Sponsor and Administrator (as hereinafter defined) will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. All entries must be received by 4:59:59 pm ET on May 5, 2014, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
6. Grand Prize (2 winners): Each winner will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for two (2) to Los Angeles, California to attend the premiere of Walt Disney Pictures’ “Maleficent” (the “Premiere”) currently tentatively scheduled on Wednesday, May 28, 2014 (or such other date as solely selected by Sponsor).
Each trip includes round trip coach air travel for two (2) on Virgin America from a major airport near winner’s home serviced by Virgin America (see below for list of Virgin America serviced gateways) at Sponsor’s sole discretion, to Los Angeles, CA; two (2) nights’ standard, double occupancy hotel accommodations (on an if used basis), all details determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion; and access for two (2) to the Premiere. Each winner and his/her travel companion must travel on the dates determined by Sponsor, surrounding the specified travel dates to attend the premiere (May 27-29, 2014) or the prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind. Travel must be round trip. Sponsor will determine flight itinerary in its sole discretion. No refund or compensation will be made in the event of the cancellation or delay of any flight. Travel and accommodations are subject to availability. Travel and accommodations are subject to the terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules and those set forth by Prize Providers at time of prize award. If winner’s residence is within 250 miles from the hotel, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, winner is responsible for their own ground transportation to and from the hotel. If winner’s residence is within 250 miles from a Virgin American serviced gateway, then winner is responsible for their own transportation to and from that gateway. If winner’s residence is more than 250 miles away from a Virgin America serviced gateway, as determined by Administrator in its sole discretion, Sponsor will provide air travel (on an airlines selected solely by Sponsor) to/from a Virgin America serviced gateway including San Francisco, Los Angeles, New York, Newark, Washington D.C., Las Vegas, San Diego, Seattle, Boston, Fort Lauderdale, Orlando, Dallas-Fort Worth, Chicago, Philadelphia, Portland and Austin. Unless the travel companion is the child of winner, travel companion must be eighteen (18) years of age or older as of the date of departure and must travel on same itinerary and at the same time as the winner. Travel companion (if under 18 years of age, winner on his/her child’s behalf) must execute liability/publicity releases prior to issuance of travel documents. Other travel and accommodation restrictions, conditions and limitations may apply. Sponsor will not replace any lost, mutilated, or stolen tickets, travel vouchers or certificates. Winners and travel companions must follow all instructions of Sponsor, Administrator, Prize Providers, relative to attending the movie premiere including with respect to taking of photographs and, should winner fail to adhere to any such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, anti-social or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsor/Prize Providers in their sole discretion), Sponsor/Prize Providers will, without further notice or warning, terminate winner’s attendance at the movie premiere and/or take other actions as Sponsor/Prize Providers deems appropriate in their sole discretion so as to protect the rights of all others present, without liability or other obligation to winner. If attendance at the movie premiere is abbreviated for any reason other than inappropriate behavior by winner and/or guest, Sponsor/Prize Providers liability shall be limited to awarding the remaining elements of the Grand Prize to winners.
Trip must be booked by May 20, 2014 and taken May 27-29, 2014. If winner is unavailable to travel on these dates for any reason, Grand Prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner selected (time permitting) from among all remaining eligible entries received for random drawing.
The approximate retail value (“ARV”) of each Grand Prize trip is $2,150.00. Total ARV of all prizes is $4,300.00. All benefits and payments are personal to the winner and are not redeemable for cash and neither assignable nor transferable.
Actual final value of trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure, airline ticket and airline availability and cost at time of purchase; winner will not receive the cash difference between estimated retail value and actual final value of prize. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Airline carrier’s regulations and conditions apply. Winner and guest must travel together on specified itinerary and possess any identification or documentation required to travel. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Prize Providers approval (which may be granted or withheld in their sole discretion). Any portion of the prize not accepted by the winner will be forfeited.
Items not included as part of the prize, which are the sole responsibility of each winner, include but are not limited to the following: transportation between winner’s home and the major airport selected by Administrator as the departure airport; all ground transportation in Los Angeles; layover accommodations; passenger tariffs or duties; airline fees; surcharges; airport fees; service charges or facility charges; personal charges; security fees; meals; travel insurance; room service; laundry service; local and long distance telephone calls; merchandise and souvenirs; incidental expenses; tips and gratuities; income taxes; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein.
Prizes may not be sold, traded, transferred, refunded, commissioned or redeemed for cash value, or rescheduled to dates other than as set forth above. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize(s) or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner; Grand Prize winners will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of the prize.
7. Validation/Winner Selection: Winners will be randomly selected on May 6, 2014 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winners will be contacted by telephone between 2:00-5:00 pm ET on May 7, 2014. If a potential Grand Prize winner does not answer the telephone call during Administrator’s initial (and perhaps only) attempt, potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified without compensation of any kind (for the avoidance of doubt, a message will not be left if potential Grand Prize winner cannot be reached) and an alternate potential Grand Prize winner will be contacted using this same procedure until a potential Grand Prize winner is reached who reiterates his/her eligibility as well as his/her availability to travel to attend the “Maleficent” Premiere in Los Angeles, California on May 28, 2014. Once potential Grand Prize winner’s eligibility and availability to travel have been preliminarily confirmed via telephone, he/she will be required to sign and return within five (5) days of receipt an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Administrator/Sponsor. An electronic signature by winner shall have the same legal force and effect as the actual physical document containing winner’s signature in ink. Among other rights, and without limitation of paragraph 5 below, in signing the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release, Grand Prize winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities and their designees the right (but not the obligation) to videotape him/her; such videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Producer, as part of a broadcast or re-broadcast or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of Good Morning America or another program airing on ABC (or another network) or for promotional purposes by Sponsor or their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies. If Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release or any other documentation required by Administrator is not signed and returned to Administrator within five (5) days, potential Grand Prize winner will be disqualified without compensation of any kind and an alternate Grand Prize winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible entries received. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. If for any reason a Grand prize is not claimed or if a potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified, Grand prize(s) will be awarded to alternate winner(s), also selected at random from all remaining eligible entries (time permitting). Limit one (1) prize per family/address/ household.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor’s sole discretion, selecting winners from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on www.goodmorningamerica.com. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Prize Providers, Administrator or Producer for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an entry is acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
8. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Prize Providers, Administrator, Producer, Walt Disney Studios Motion Pictures, Virgin America Inc., and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize providers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the “Releasees”), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant’s participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including travel related thereto) and/or entrant’s acceptance, use, or misuse of prize. By entering and if a winner, winner grants Sponsor, Producer, Prize Providers and their licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor, Producer and Prize Providers shall not have any obligation to film, use or air any winner's appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor's and/or Producer’s and/or Prize Providers sole discretion (as applicable). 9. Disputes: Entrant agrees that: (i) any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, other than those concerning the administration of the Sweepstakes or the determination of winner or for any disputes arising from the loss or injury from the participation in a Prize, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action; (ii) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of- pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes, but in no event attorneys' fees; and (iii) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for, and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out- of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE LIMITATIONS OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES, SO THE ABOVE MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of the Entrant and Sponsor in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without giving effect to any choice of law or conflict of law rules (whether of the State of New York or any other jurisdiction), which would cause the application of the laws of any jurisdiction other than the State of New York.
10. Names of Prize Winners: For the names of the prize winners, available after May 28, 2014, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Good Morning America Presents the Maleficent Premiere Sweepstakes Winners, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 400 9th Ave., 17th Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after June 30, 2014 will not be honored.