Get ready to experience "The Great Gatsby" like never before. You could be a part of the New York City movie premiere by entering for a chance to win Good Morning America's Great Gatsby VIP Getaway Sweepstakes! Read the official rules below and click here enter Good Morning America's Great Gatsby VIP Getaway Sweepstakes for your chance to win!
To participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACCESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED. Eligibility: "Good Morning America's Great Gatsby VIP Getaway" Sweepstakes (also referred to as "Sweepstakes" or "Promotion") is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry.
As a condition of winning the prize, the winner must be available for travel on April 30, 2013.
1. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, who are 18 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void in Alaska, Hawaii, Guam, Puerto Rico, U.S. Virgin Islands and other U.S. Territories, and where prohibited or restricted by law. Any individuals (including but not limited to employees) who have, within (6) six months prior to the start date of the Promotion, performed services for Sponsor, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Plaza IP Holdings LLC (USA), Tiffany & Co., Brooks Brothers Group, Inc., MAC Cosmetics, Administrator, or any companies responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, or persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of Good Morning America ("Producer") and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, grandchildren, step-grandchildren, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three consecutive months a year, whether related or not.
2. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 7:00:01 am Eastern Time ("ET") on April 4, 2013 and ends 11:59:59 pm ET on April 18, 2013 ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes.
To enter, navigate the Internet to www.goodmorningamerica.com and click on "Good Morning America's Great Gatsby VIP Getaway" Sweepstakes image which will take you to the Sweepstakes home page. You must be a registered member of ABCNews.com or one of the WDIG Family of Sites to enter or you may become a member. Registration is free and only required once. Enter as follows:
a) If you are an existing ABCNews.com member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes home page with your current member name and password.
b) If you are not an ABCNews.com member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes home page. You will be asked to provide your first and last name, mailing address with zip code/postal code, phone number, e-mail address, gender, birthday, country, and to select a username and password.
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from the WDIG Family of Sites or from third parties. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and does not improve your chances of winning.
Upon submission, you will receive one (1) entry into the Sweepstakes. You will not receive an acknowledgement. Free internet access is available at most public libraries.
Sponsor and Administrator (as hereinafter defined) will not be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, or misdirected entries. All entries must be received by 11:59:59 pm ET on April 18, 2013, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned or acknowledged. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
3. Prizes, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): Grand Prize (1 winner): The winner ("Winner") will receive a 3-day/2-night trip for two (2) to New York City ("Trip") to attend the premiere screening of The Great Gatsby.
Trip consists of: roundtrip coach air transportation from a major commercial airport near winner's legal U.S. residence (as selected by Sponsor) to a New York City area airport (as selected by Sponsor); two (2) night's accommodations (one deluxe guestroom) at The Plaza Hotel including round trip airport ground transportation for two guests (with hotel components including breakfast for two (In Room Dining or The Palm Court), Dinner for two in the Todd English Food Hall, Fitzgerald Tea for the Ages for two (2) in The Palm Court, Hair Styling by Warren-Tricomi Salon, Make-up application by a MAC makeup artist, Fogal Hosiery Gift Bag and Gatsby Hour in the Rose Club). Prize also includes a private "Breakfast at Tiffany's" for the winner and one guest; a $1,000 shopping spree at Brooks Brothers; and two (2) VIP tickets to the premiere screening of The Great Gatsby including round trip ground transportation to and from the hotel and premiere.
All expenses not specifically mentioned herein are not included and are solely the winner's responsibility, including but not limited to: ground transportation to and from the airport of origin, and all ground transportation in New York City (other than already noted above), meals (other than noted above), alcoholic beverages, tax, insurance, laundry service, merchandise, parking, room service, service charges, activities not expressly included in the Trip, souvenirs and telephone calls. Airline carrier and hotel regulations and conditions apply. Trip components are subject to change without notice. Airlines booking, cancellation policies and terms and conditions apply.
Address of premiere screening theatre will be provided by the Sponsor a reasonable time prior to the premiere. The winner and guest are advised to arrive at least one (1) hour prior to premiere start time. No one will be admitted without a ticket or after the premiere begins. If, for whatever reason, the premiere of the film is cancelled or rescheduled after the tickets are ticketed, no compensation will be paid in lieu of any cancelled or rescheduled showing of the film. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor if movie premiere is cancelled, rescheduled, delayed or postponed, in whole or in part. Unused tickets cannot be refunded or exchanged.
Winner must be available to travel to be in New York City April 30, 2013 - May 2, 2013. If potential winner is unavailable to travel during this time for any reason, prize will be forfeited without compensation of any kind and an alternate winner selected (time permitting) from among all eligible entries received for random drawing. Travel and lodging are subject to availability and Sponsor's approval. A minor (as defined by state of primary residence) may not participate in the Trip unless accompanied by his/her parent or legal guardian. Guest of winner will be required to execute and return a Release of Liability prior to participation. Winner and guest are solely responsible for obtaining any and all necessary travel documents (valid photo I.D., credit card, etc.) before departure. Winner and guest must follow all instructions of Sponsor relative to the Trip. Should winner and/or guest fail to adhere to any such instructions or engage in unruly, obnoxious, illegal, threatening, or otherwise inappropriate behavior (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), Sponsor reserves the right, without further notice or warning, to terminate the Trip or other applicable experience early, in whole or in part, and send winner and/or winner's guest home and/or take other actions as Sponsor deems appropriate in its sole discretion without any liability or other obligation to winner or guest.
Total ARV of Grand Prize: $7,000.00, which will vary depending upon point of departure. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner and guest will not receive frequent flier miles, award points or other prerequisites in conjunction with Grand Prize travel. If the actual value of the prize is less than the stated ARV, the difference will not be awarded.
Any portion of a prize not accepted by a winner will be forfeited, and the Releasees (as hereinafter defined) shall not be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of the prize for any reason. Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. All taxes are the sole responsibility of the Grand Prize winner. Winner will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of his/her prize. Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer prizes or to obtain cash or other substitutes, except Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize or portions thereof of equal or greater value if a prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason.
4. Validation/Winner Selection: Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected on or about April 19, 2013 from among all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by Administrator, an independent judging organization whose decisions are final on all matters related to the Sweepstakes. Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail and/or telephone and will be required to sign and return within three (3) business days of receipt an Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law and any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator. Among other rights, and without limitation of paragraph 5 below, in signing the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release, winner will grant to Sponsor or its affiliated entities the right (but not the obligation) to videotape him/her; such videotape may be used, in whole or in part, at the sole discretion of Sponsor and/or Producer, as part of a broadcast or re-broadcast or distribution in any other media and/or technologies of Good Morning America or another program airing on ABC (or another network) or for promotional purposes by Sponsor, or its respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies. If a potential winner does not reply to such notification within three (3) business days, an e-mail notification is undeliverable after up to three (3) attempts and/or the Affidavit/Declaration of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release or any other documentation required by Sponsor or Administrator is not signed and returned to Sponsor within three (3) business days, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner may be selected in a random drawing (time permitting) from remaining eligible entries received. The guest of the Grand Prize winner (if a minor in his/her jurisdiction of residence, his/her parent or legal guardian) must sign a Release and Indemnification and a Publicity Release (where allowed by law), prior to issuance of travel documents. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including but not limited to infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, human error, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes (in whole or in part), Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes or take any other action Sponsor deems necessary or advisable in keeping with the structure and integrity of the Sweepstakes including, at Sponsor's sole discretion, selecting winner from all eligible entries received prior to the action taken, or as otherwise deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on http://goodmorningamerica.com. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsor, Administrator or Producer for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including, but not limited to, any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes. Submission of an entry is acknowledgement of and agreement to be bound by all terms and conditions of this Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. Additional Terms: By entering the Sweepstakes, each entrant agrees to release, discharge, indemnify, and hold harmless Sponsor, Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., Plaza IP Holdings LLC (USA), Tiffany & Co., Brooks Brothers Group, Inc., MAC Cosmetics, Administrator and each of their respective related, parent, subsidiary or affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Releasees"), from any and all claims and liabilities arising from or relating to entrant's participation in the Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity (including travel related thereto) and/or entrant's acceptance, use, or misuse of any prize. By entering, each entrant further agrees that the Releasees have not made any warranty, representation or guarantee, express or implied, in fact or law, with respect to any prize, including without limitation, to such prize's quality or fitness for a particular purpose. By entering and if a winner, winner grants Sponsor and its licensees and assigns the right to use his/her name, voice, likeness, biographical information and performance for programming, advertising, and promotional purposes, in any manner in any media and/or technologies throughout the world in perpetuity without further compensation. However, Sponsor shall not have any obligation to film, use or air winner's appearance and any such use shall be in Sponsor's sole discretion. Additionally, the winner agrees to sign all release forms required by the producers of Good Morning America.
6. Disputes; Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the award of prize/determination of Prize Winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
7. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 500 S. Buena Vista Street, Burbank, CA 91521.
8. Prize Supplier: Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc., 4000 Warner Blvd. Burbank CA 91522. Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. and its parents, affiliates and subsidiaries are not responsible for the promotion, administration or execution of this Sweepstakes.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
10. Name of Prize Winner: For the winner's name, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GMA's Great Gatsby VIP Getaway Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after May 31, 2013 will not be honored.
The Great Gatsby © 2013 Warner Bros. Entertainment Inc. All Rights Reserved.