To enter and participate in this Sweepstakes, you must agree to and abide by these Official Rules.
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. INTERNET ACESS & VALID E-MAIL ACCOUNT REQUIRED.
1. Eligibility: The "Oogieloves Hometown Screening" Sweepstakes ("Sweepstakes") is open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and the District of Columbia, who are at least 18 years of age (or the age of majority in the jurisdiction of their residence, whichever is older) and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access as of 8/21/12. Employees of Big Balloon Adventure Movie LLC, American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. ("ABC"), LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prize (or any component thereof) and/or each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and any persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the Good Morning America television show or Oogieloves and the immediate family and household members of all such foregoing individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three (3) months a year, whether related or not. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility upon request prior to prize award. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law.
2. Sweepstakes Entry: The Sweepstakes begins on or about 12:00:01 a.m. ET on 8/22/12 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. ET on 8/31/12 ("Promotion Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. To enter, navigate the Internet to www.goodmorningamerica.com and click on the "Oogieloves Hometown Screening Sweepstakes" image which will take you to the Sweepstakes home page. You must be a registered member of the Walt Disney Internet Group ("WDIG") family of sites to enter. Registration is free and only required once. If you've ever registered with one of WDIG's family of sites, including ABC.com, ABCNEWS.com, Disney.com, ESPN.com, FamilyFun.com, Movies.com, and more, you need not register again, however, additional information may be required of you. Enter as follows:
1. If you are an existing member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes entry page with your current member name and password click the "Submit Entry" or other similar button on the registration page.
2. If you are not a WDIG member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes page. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address (with zip code), e-mail address, gender, birthday, country, phone number and to select a user name and password. To submit your sweepstakes entry, follow the instructions and click the "Submit Entry" or other similar button on registration page.
You may be asked to consent to receive promotional e-mails and reminder e-mails from the WDIG Family of Sites or from third parties. Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional and does not have to be agreed upon in order to be eligible to participate in the Sweepstakes and does not improve your chances of winning.
3. Random Drawing: The potential Grand Prize winner will be selected in a random drawing on or about 9/5/12 (i.e., "Grand Prize drawing"). All eligible entries received during the Promotion Period will be included in the Grand Prize drawing. The Grand Prize drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group, an independent judging organization/Administrator whose decisions are final and binding on all matters related to the Sweepstakes.
4. Winner Notification: The potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail or telephone (the method of notification being at Sponsor's/Administrator's sole discretion). Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within 3 business days after transmission to the potential Grand Prize winner or return of the e-mail notification as undeliverable after 2 attempts will result in disqualification and an alternate winner will be selected. Potential Grand Prize winner will be required to complete, sign and return within 3 business days of transmission, an Affidavit of Eligibility, a Liability Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release, where allowed by law. If the Affidavit of Eligibility, Liability Release and Indemnification and Publicity Release documents are not returned to Administrator within the specified time period, or if prize notification is returned as non-deliverable, or if potential Grand Prize winner is found to be ineligible or otherwise not in compliance with these Official Rules, or declines the prize for any reason prior to award, prize may be forfeited and potential winner may be disqualified. If potential Grand Prize winner is disqualified for any reason, an alternate winner will be selected from all remaining eligible entries received during the Promotion Period. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. "Authorized account holder" is defined as the natural person who is assigned to an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, online service provider, or other organization (e.g., business, educational institution, etc.) that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address.
Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for failed, partial or garbled computer transmissions, or for technical failures of any kind, including but not limited to electronic malfunction or damage of any network, hardware or software. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud or technical failures beyond Sponsor's control that corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, and to terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes. In such event, Sponsor reserves the right to conduct the Sweepstakes and select the prize winner by means of a random drawing comprised of all eligible entries received prior to and/or after (as appropriate) the action taken by Sponsor or otherwise select the prize winner in a manner which is fair, appropriate and consistent with these Official Rules, as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Notice of termination/modification/suspension of Sweepstakes will be posted on the website. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or loss, destruction or unauthorized access to, or alteration of, entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers, or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to or resulting from participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes.
Entrants further agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from participating in the Sweepstakes. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY ENTRANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
5. Prize, Approximate Retail Value ("ARV") and Odds:
One (1) Grand Prize winner will receive a private hometown screening of the 2012 film Oogieloves ("Private Screening") for him/herself and up to fifty (50) guests at a movie theatre near the winner's residence (movie theatre to be selected by Sponsor in its sole discretion). ARV of prize: $375.00.
Grand Prize restrictions include, but are not limited to:
Private Screening must occur within sixty (60) days' of winner verification and winner must provide at least thirty (30) days' advanced notice prior to winner's requested date for Private Screening. Certain date restrictions may apply. While Sponsor/Administrator will attempt to accommodate winner's requested date for Private Screening, actual date of Private Screening is at Sponsor's sole discretion and is subject to availability. Winner's Guests at Private Screening must be of appropriate age to see Oogieloves, as determined by the Film's MPAA rating. If a guest meets this criterion and is a minor, such minor guest must be accompanied to Private Screening by his/her parent or legal guardian who will also count as a guest. Sweepstakes Prize and elements thereof may not be sold, traded, transferred, rescheduled to dates not within the fulfillment period set forth above, or refunded. Sweepstakes Prize is not redeemable for cash, either in whole or in part. Items NOT included as part of the Grand Prize include: alcoholic beverages, insurance, parking, ground transportation between winner's residence and movie theatre; and all other costs and expenses not otherwise mentioned herein. These items are the sole responsibility of the winner and the winner's Guests.
Grand Prize components that are tickets are in all cases subject to the terms/conditions of use printed thereon, including expiration date.
Guest(s) of Grand Prize winner must sign and return a Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law prior to issuance of tickets. If any Guest is a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian must complete the paperwork.
Actual final value of Grand Prize may be higher or lower based on the movie theatre chosen. Winner will NOT receive such difference from the approximate retail value of the prize. If winner chooses to have less than fifty (50) Guests attend the Private Screening, prize will be awarded in increments suitable for the actual number of guests with no substitute prize or compensation being provided to the winner. Prize elements may be subject to additional restrictions. Winner is not entitled to exchange or transfer Grand Prize (or portions thereof), or obtain cash or other substitutes, but Sponsor reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to substitute prize(s) of equal or greater value if the prize listed or any portion thereof is unavailable for any reason. Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other promotion or offer. Administrator will not replace any lost, mutilated or stolen tickets or certificates. Prize elements may not be separated. All dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor's approval. Once movie theatre for the Private Screening is booked, dates cannot be changed unless by Sponsor in its sole discretion. Any portion of prize not accepted by winner will be forfeited, and neither Sponsor, nor Administrator nor any of their respective related, parent, affiliated or subsidiary companies, nor their respective officers, directors, agents, employees or assigns shall be responsible for any inability of winner to accept or use any portion of the prize for any reason. Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received. Taxes are the sole responsibility of winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the actual final retail value of his/her prize.
6. Conditions and Limitations of Liability: By participating, each entrant agrees: (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of Sponsor, which shall be final in all respects; and (ii) to release and hold harmless Sponsor, ABC, LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., each of their respective advertising and promotion agencies and prize suppliers, any entity responsible for the administration of this promotion, each of the foregoing entities' respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and each of their respective officers, directors, agents, representatives and employees, as well as each of their respective successors, representatives and assigns, and any persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the Good Morning America television show or Oogieloves (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all actions, claims, injuries, losses or damage, including, without limitation, death and bodily injury, arising in any manner, directly or indirectly, in whole or in part, from participation in this Sweepstakes or any Sweepstakes-related activity, and/or from entrant's acceptance, receipt, use or misuse of the prize or component thereof. By accepting the prize, winner grants Sponsor and its designees permission to use his/her name, voice, likeness, photograph, video, prize information, biographical data and city and state of residence on a winner's list and for programming, publicity and promotional purposes, worldwide in all forms of media now known or hereafter developed, in perpetuity, without further compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor and its designees are not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation. Sweepstakes subject to the laws of the United States only. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. All submissions become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged. 7. Disputes: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, each entrant agrees that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the award of the prize, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
8. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 77 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023.
9. Prize Supplier: Big Balloon Adventure Movie LLC, 46600 Romeo Plank Road, Suite 5 Macomb, MI 48044
10. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 W. 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001.
11. Winner's List: For the name of the Grand Prize winner, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Oogieloves Hometown Screening Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 W. 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. All such requests must be received by September 28, 2012.