Read the official rules below and then click here to enter for your chance to win a VIP getaway to New York City!
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. You must have Internet access to participate. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older. Sweepstakes sponsored by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. ("ABC" or "Sponsor").
1. Sweepstakes Entry: The Good Morning America VIP Experience Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins 12:01am Eastern Time ("ET") on 7/15/13 and ends 6:00pm ET on 8/9/13 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. To enter, navigate the Internet and visit ABCNews.com or http://www.GoodMorningAmerica.com and click on the icon that will take you to the "Good Morning America VIP Experience Sweepstakes" entry page. You ("Entrant") must be a registered member of the Walt Disney Internet Group ("WDIG") family of sites to enter the Sweepstakes. Registration is free and only required once. If you've ever registered with one of WDIG's family of sites, such as ABC.com, ABCNEWS.com, Disney.com, ESPN.com, FamilyFun.com or Movies.com, you need not register again. Enter as follows:
A) If you are an existing member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes Registration home page with your current member name and password. To submit your Sweepstakes entry, click the "Submit Entry" button on the Sweepstakes entry page.
B) If you are not a WDIG member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes Registration home page. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address (with zip code), e-mail address, gender, date of birth, country, phone number with area code and to select a username and password. To submit your Sweepstakes entry, click the "Submit Entry" button on the Sweepstakes entry page.
Released Parties (as defined below) are not to be responsible for late, lost, incomplete, garbled, delayed, inaccurate, undelivered or misdirected entries or e-mail. All entries must be received by 6:00pm ET on 8/9/13. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the Administrator and Sponsor, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes. You may be asked if you would like to receive promotional e-mails and reminders from Choice Hotels International, Inc ("Choice"). Consenting to receive promotional or reminder e-mails is optional, and does not have to be agreed to in order to be eligible to enter the Sweepstakes. By indicating that you are interested in receiving additional information from Choice, you are authorizing the WDIG site on which you registered to transfer the information provided during the registration process to Choice. Once transferred, your information will be used according to the Choice Hotels International, Inc. Global Privacy & Security Policy, available at http://www.choicehotels.com/en/privacypolicy. If you do not wish for your data to be transferred to Choice, you should not select this option.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the 48 contiguous United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older and who have an active e-mail account and Internet access prior to the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period. Void in Alaska, Hawaii and where prohibited by law. Employees of American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. ("ABC"), Choice Hotels International, Inc., LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling, administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prize (or any portion of the prize), persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the Good Morning America television show, and/or each of their respective parent, subsidiary, and affiliated companies, and the immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Potential winner may be required to provide proof of eligibility upon request prior to prize award. Void in Puerto Rico and where prohibited or restricted by law. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prize: One (1) Grand Prize will be awarded, consisting of a four (4) day/three (3) night trip for two (2) to New York City to attend one (1) scheduled Good Morning America taping of Sponsor's sole choosing between 9/2/13 and 12/31/13. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for two (2) between an airport near winner's home and New York City area airport, with airports being of Sponsor's sole choosing (If Grand Prize winner lives within 150 mile radius of New York City as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion, in lieu of air transportation, round-trip ground transportation will be provided by Sponsor between Grand Prize winner's home and hotel, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value), 100,000 Choice Privileges points to be redeemed for three (3) nights' hotel accommodations (one standard room, double occupancy) at a Choice Hotels International, Inc. hotel property of Sponsor's sole choosing in New York, NY, round-trip ground transportation to and from New York City area airport. Grand Prize winner will also receive $500 in cash or cash equivalent. Winner will need to set up a Choice Privileges® account (assuming that he/she does not have an account already) to receive 100,000 Choice Privileges points, the equivalent of one (1) hotel room (one standard room, double occupancy) In New York for three (3) nights. It is free to sign up for a Choice Privileges account. All Choice Privileges terms and conditions apply, visit www.choiceprivileges.com for details. Approximate Retail Value of prize: $3,000.00. Actual value of Grand Prize trip may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. If actual value is less than $3,000.00, cash difference will not be awarded. Grand Prize winner must travel between 9/1/13 and 12/31/13 with specific dates to be determined at Sponsor's sole discretion, or prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsor discretion, awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting. Sponsor will advise winner of date of Good Morning America taping/prize trip at time of winner notification. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain travel restrictions, and Sponsor approval apply. Winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, meals, tips, hotel incidentals and additional ground transportation.
Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must possess all required travel documents and travel together on the same itinerary. Travel arrangements must be booked through Sponsor's agent, on a carrier of Sponsor's choice at least 7 days in advance of travel. Guest of Grand Prize winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (generally, at least 18 years of age), unless accompanied by parent/legal guardian. Guest will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release (where allowed by law) prior to ticketing. Changes not permitted after tickets are issued. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles.
No substitution or transfer of prize permitted by winner. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole direction. Federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of the winner, who will receive an IRS Form 1099 reflecting the final actual value of any prize valued at $600 or more. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
Prize is subject to availability. Sponsor is not responsible for cancellation or for other circumstances that make it impractical or impossible to fulfill the GMA taping portion of the prize. If it becomes impractical or impossible to fulfill the elements of the prize that have no approximate retail value, Sponsor's only obligation will be to provide the remainder of prize. Winner and guest must behave at all times in a socially responsible and appropriate manner during trip. Should winner and/or guest fail to do so (as determined by Sponsor/Administrator in their sole discretion), trip will be immediately terminated for winner and/or guest and Sponsor, Administrator and Choice Hotels International, Inc. shall have no liability or obligation to winner and/or guest.
4.Winner Selection/Notification: Potential winner will be randomly selected on or about 8/13/13 from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group ("Administrator"), an independent sweepstakes administrator, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes. Sweepstakes is available to over 100 million Internet users. Odds of winning the Grand Prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Potential winner will be notified by phone and/or e-mail and will be required to sign and return within 3 business days of notification an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law. If potential winner does not timely reply to such notification, a notification is undeliverable after up to 3 attempts and/or the Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Indemnification and Publicity Release is not returned to Sponsor within specified time period, or a potential winner is not in compliance with these Official Rules, such potential winner will be disqualified and, at Sponsor discretion, an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing, time permitting. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable e-mail address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. The potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsor with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
5. Internet: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and, if terminated or cancelled, to determine the potential winner in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner.
No responsibility is assumed by Released Parties (as defined below) for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether technical, computer, network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prize or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSOR MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
6. Conditions: By participating, participants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (ii) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator, and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers, Choice Hotels International, Inc., and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to death or personal injury, arising out of a participant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use or misuse of the prize (including any travel or activity related thereto); (iii) to the Sponsor and their designees' use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information worldwide in perpetuity for programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now existing or hereafter created or conceived, without compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be returned. Receipt of entries may be acknowledged but such acknowledgment does not constitute any representation as to Sweepstakes eligibility.
7. Disputes: Arbitration/Choice Of Law: Except where prohibited, entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or the award of the prize, or the determination of the winner, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and entrant hereby waive all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
8. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 77 W 66th St., New York, NY 10023.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor New York, NY 10001.
10. Winner's List: For the name of the winner, available after 8/31/13, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GMA VIP Experience Sweepstakes Winner, c/o LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after 9/27/13 will not be honored.