American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
Good Morning America'sWinter Concert Series Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.You must have an active e-mail account and Internet access prior to the beginning of the Sweepstakes Period (as defined below) to participate. Sweepstakes open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older. Sweepstakes sponsored by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. ("Sponsor"), in connection with the 2011 Winter Concert Series on Good Morning America. Big Lots Stores, Inc. is a sponsor of the 2011 Winter Concert Series on Good Morning America but is not a sponsor of this Sweepstakes.
1. Sweepstakes Entry: There is only one (1) method of entry into the sweepstakes. The "Good Morning America's Winter Concert Series Sweepstakes" (the "Sweepstakes") begins 12:00:01am Eastern Time ("ET") on 01/03/11 and ends 11:59:59pm ET on 01/28/11 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsor's computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. To enter, navigate the Internet and visit http://www.GMAConcerts.com or http://www.ABCNews.com/GMA and click on the icon that will take you to the "Good Morning America Winter Concert Series Sweepstakes" homepage. You must be a registered member of the Walt Disney Internet Group ("WDIG") family of sites to enter. Registration is free and only required once. If you've ever registered with one of WDIG's family of sites, including, but not limited to, ABC.com, ABCNews.com, Disney.com, ESPN.com, FamilyFun.com or Movies.com, you need not register again. Enter as follows:
A) If you are an existing member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes Registration home page with your current member name and password. To submit your Sweepstakes entry, click the "Submit Entry" button on the Sweepstakes entry page.
B) If you are not a member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes Registration home page. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address (with zip code), e-mail address, gender, date of birth, country, phone number with area code and to select a password. To submit your Sweepstakes entry, click the "Submit Entry" button on the Sweepstakes entry page.
For the purpose of this Sweepstakes each day will begin at 12:00:00am (midnight) ET and end at 11:59:59pm ET on the same day (except for 01/03/11 which begins at 12:00:01 am ET). In the event of dispute, the name of the "authorized account holder" associated with any e-mail address will be deemed to be the entrant and must comply with these Official Rules. The authorized account holder is defined as the natural person who is assigned an e-mail address by an Internet access provider, an online service provider, or another organization that is responsible for assigning e-mail addresses or the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. Proof (to Sponsor's satisfaction, in its sole discretion) of being the authorized account holder may be required by Sponsor. Limit of one (1) entry per person or e-mail address, per day.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and D.C. and where prohibited or restricted by law. Employees of Sponsor, Big Lots Stores, Inc.,, LeadDog Marketing Group, Inc., any organizations responsible for sponsoring, fulfilling or administering the Sweepstakes or supplying the prizes, persons involved in the creation, development or production (including cast and crew) of the Good Morning America television show and/or 2011 Winter Concert Series, and/or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. Potential winners may be required to provide proof of eligibility upon request prior to prize award. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize consisting of a four (4) day/three (3) night trip for four (4) to New York City to attend one (1) scheduled Good Morning America Winter Concert Series performance of winner's choice for any scheduled GMA Winter Concert between 01/30/11 and 05/06/11. Concert acts and/or concert dates are subject to availability and may change without prior notice. Winner further understands and agrees that his/her choice of concert/concert date is subject to Sponsor's approval in its sole discretion and that winner may not receive his/her first choice of concert/concert date. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for up to four (4) between an airport near winner's residence and New York City area (If Grand Prize winner lives within 150 mile radius of New York City (as determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion), in lieu of air transportation, round-trip ground transportation will be provided by Sponsor between Grand Prize winner's home and hotel, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value) and 3 nights' hotel accommodations (one room, standard quadruple occupancy) in a hotel of Sponsor choosing in New York City area, round-trip ground transportation to and from arrival airport, and VIP Treatment at the GMA concert. All elements of the Grand Prize must be used during the trip to New York City. Grand Prize winner will also receive a $500 cash or cash equivalent (i.e., gift card, with the issuer of gift card being determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion). (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $4,000.00).
Actual final value of trip may be higher or lower based on point of departure, travel dates, and hotel availability and cost as determined by time of purchase and travel. Prize travel must be completed by 05/10/11, and Grand Prize winner must provide at least 7 days advanced notice prior to intended date of departure. All travel dates and arrangements are subject to change, availability and Sponsor's approval. This includes VIP Treatment at the GMA concert. VIP Treatment at the GMA concert has no cash value and is subject to show production exigencies and Sponsor's approval in its sole discretion. If VIP Treatment at the GMA concert is unavailable, for any reason, Sponsor's liability shall be limited to awarding the remaining elements of the Grand Prize to winner. Each Travel companion of Grand Prize winner must be at least 18 years of age, and must also sign and return a travel release within 3 business days of Grand Prize Winner notification. Winner and all guests must travel together on specified itinerary, including same departure date, destination and return date or Grand Prize may be forfeited in its entirety. Accommodation restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Sponsor is not liable for any expenses incurred as a consequence of flight cancellation/delay. Certain documentation and requirements may be necessary for travel, such as photo identification, passport, or visa. Grand Prize winner and guests are solely responsible for obtaining any necessary documentation and fulfilling any necessary travel requirements prior to travel. In addition, the Grand Prize winner may be required to present a valid credit card at the hotel at the time of check-in. Winner and guests must provide own transportation to and from departure airport. If Grand Prize winner has fewer than (3) guests accompany him/her on trip, Grand Prize will be awarded in increments appropriate for actual number of travelers and Sponsor shall have no further obligation to Grand Prize winner. Gift Card component of Grand prize (if applicable) is subject to terms and conditions indicated thereon. Prize is awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsor. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at its sole direction, if advertised prize becomes unavailable for any reason. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners; and, winner of Grand Prize will be issued an IRS 1099 Tax Form reflecting the fair market value of prize(s) won. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsor.
4. Winner Selection/Notification: One (1) potential Grand Prize winner will be randomly selected on or about 01/31/11 from among all eligible entries received during the Sweepstakes Period. The drawing will be conducted by LeadDog Marketing Group ("Administrator"), an independent sweepstakes administrator, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Potential Grand Prize winner will be notified by e-mail. Failure to respond to the initial verification e-mail within three (3) business days after notification or return of e-mail notification as undeliverable after three (3) attempts will result in disqualification. Potential Grand Prize winner will then be required to sign and return within three (3) business days (or such shorter time as required by exigencies) an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release (collectively, the "Prize Claim Documents") where allowed by law. If the Prize Claim Documents are not returned to Sponsor within the specified time period, the potential winner will be disqualified. If winner is disqualified, prize may be awarded to an alternate winner randomly selected from all remaining eligible entries, time permitting.
Entrants authorize the Released Parties to use their name, voice, likeness, biographical data, city and state of residence and entry materials in programming or promotional material, worldwide in perpetuity, or on a winner's list, if applicable, without compensation unless prohibited by law. Sponsor is not obligated to use any of the above mentioned information or materials, but may do so and may edit such information or materials, at Sponsor's sole discretion, without further obligation or compensation.
5. Internet: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and, if terminated or cancelled, to determine potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner. Notice of such action by Sponsor will be posted on ABCNews.com/GMA.
No responsibility is assumed by Released Parties for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer (or information stored thereon) related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether technical, computer, network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE, WEBSITE OR OTHER ASSOCIATED TECHNOLOGY OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSORS MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
6. Conditions: By participating in this sweepstakes, participants agree (i) to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respect; (ii) to release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsor, Administrator,Big Lot Stores, Inc. and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to death or personal injury, arising out of a participant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize (including activity related thereto); and (iii) if a winner, to the Sponsor's and its designees' use of his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information worldwide in perpetuity for programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now existing or hereafter created or conceived, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law.
7. Disputes: Arbitration/Choice Of Law:Except where prohibited, Entrants agree that: (a) any and all disputes, claims, and causes of action arising out of or connected with this Sweepstakes, or any prize awarded, or the determination of the winners, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration pursuant to the Rules of the American Arbitration Association, then effective; (b) any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this Sweepstakes but in no event attorneys' fees; and (c) under no circumstances will Entrant be permitted to obtain awards for and Entrant hereby waives all rights to claim punitive, incidental and consequential damages and any other damages, other than for actual out-of-pocket expenses, and any and all rights to have damages multiplied or otherwise increased. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of Entrant and/or Released Parties in connection with the Sweepstakes, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with, the laws of the State of New York, without regard for conflicts of law doctrine of New York or any other jurisdiction, and all proceedings shall take place in the City of New York, County of New York.
8. Sponsor: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 77 W 66th St., New York, NY 10023.
9. Administrator: LeadDog Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor New York, NY 10001.
10. Winners List: For the names of the winner, available after 02/16/11, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: GMA Winter Concert Series Sweepstakes, Winner's List Request, c/o LD Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after 04/30/11 will not be honored.