From the kitchen of Carla Hall
Gather up your family for a barbeque bash. Carla Hall knows how to dish out a good burger. Give it a try this weekend!
- For the burger:
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1/3 cup yellow onion, minced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 teaspoons hot sauce
- ?? teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 tsp kosher salt
- 1?? teaspoons freshly ground black pepper, or to taste
- ?? teaspoon chile flakes
- 1?? pounds coarsely ground chicken or turkey breast meat
- For the slaw:
- 4 ribs celery, 1" pieces thinly sliced on the bias
- ?? cup red onions, very thinly sliced
- ?? cup parsley leaves, roughly chopped
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- ?? teaspoon lemon zest
- ?? cup blue cheese, crumbled
- ?? teaspoon salt
- ?? teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
- For the mayo:
- ?? cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon hot sauce
- 1-2 teaspoons honey
- ?? teaspoon cayenne pepper
For the burger:
Melt butter in small skillet on medium low heat. Cook onions and garlic until translucent and sweet, about 3 minutes. Add hot sauce, thyme, black pepper, and chile flakes.
Fold onion mixture into ground chicken. Gently form four patties.
For the slaw:
Combine ingredients in the order they appear. Place on burger or use as a side.
For the mayo:
Mix all of the ingredients together. Spread on burger bun.
This recipe was styled by chef Karen Pickus for Good Morning America.
Recipe courtesy of Carla Hall.