Kerry Heffernan's Crabby Snacks with 'Undisclosed Bipolar Sauce'
Based on "Silver Linings Playbook"
1) Combine lime juice, crème fraîche, and mayonnaise. Stir well, divide into thirds
2) Add Indian hot sauce to one third. Then, equally distribute herbs over remaining two thirds (chives and tarragon)
3) Use one of the thirds to combine with crabmeat gently, folding to incorporate, check seasoning.
4) Use crab meat mayonnaise mixture to fill wontons (start with 1 to 2 tablespoons to see how they fill up your wonton skins as they can vary greatly) fold into triangles and crimp as desired
5) Fill a 3-quart pot halfway with water and bring to boil. Add salt and blanch filled wontons (8 at a time) for 30 seconds in simmering water then remove to shock in ice water
6) Heat oil to 350 F in 3 qt sauce pot
7) Drain wontons very well, then pat dry with paper towels. There should be no water remaining on the outside
8) Carefully fry in batches of eight, and drain immediately on paper towels
9) Arrange red chili mayonnaise and remaining herb mayonnaise in the same small dish to resemble (bipolar) yin and yang symbols, and serve with hot crab wontons
Recipe courtesy Kerry Heffernan.