Emeril's Flank Steak with Chimichurri Sauce
Tasty and Easy to Prepare
Father's Day is just around the corner. Celebrity chef, TV host and author Emeril Lagasse offers this great meal for idea for Dad's special day.
1. In a shallow non-reactive bowl that is large enough to hold the steak, combine the sherry, sherry vinegar, red onion, garlic, and olive oil. Stir to blend well. Lay the steak over the marinade and turn so that it is coated on both sides. Wrap the bowl loosely in plastic wrap and refrigerate overnight, turning the steak occasionally.
2. Pre-heat your grill to high.
3. Remove the steak from the marinade (discard the marinade), and season it with the salt and pepper. Grill the steak for 4 to 5 minutes per side for medium-rare. Remove it from the grill and let it rest for 5 minutes, then thinly slice the steak across the grain, and serve it with the chimichurri sauce.
How to Make Chimichurri Sauce:
1. Combine the olive oil, vinegar, lemon juice, parsley, basil, garlic, shallots, and oregano in a food
processor, and pulse until well blended (do not puree).
2. Stir in the kosher salt, black pepper, and crushed red pepper.
3. Transfer the sauce to a non-reactive bowl, cover it with plastic wrap, and set it aside for at least 2 hours and up to 6 hours at room temperature. (The sauce will keep in an airtight nonreactive container in the refrigerator for up to 3 days.) This recipe makes about 2 1/2 cups of sauce.