Chef Dan Barber
1. Preheat oven to 400??F.
2. Places the slices of pancetta on a rack over a baking sheet, and
bake in the oven for 8 minutes. Remove to paper towel to drain.
3. In a saut?? pan over very high heat, heat a very small amount of
olive oil and sear the watermelon slices until one side is
caramelized. Remove the slices and plate, caramelized-side up.
4. Add a thin layer of goat cheese to the center of each watermelon
slice, leaving a border of watermelon around the edges.
5. Season the tomatoes with salt, pepper and raspberry vinegar, and
layer on top of the goat cheese.
6. Garnish with basil and crisped pancetta.
7. To serve, spoon over the tomato cloud.
For tomato water:
1. Place a whisking bowl over a bowl of iced water.
2. In a small saucepan, warm the tomato water to around 100??F and add
the bloomed gelatin sheets.
3. Pour the mixture into the bowl and whisk vigorously. As it chills,
the water will begin to form a cloud and the gelatin will set.
4. Season with salt and pepper.
More Info: Kids Friendly