Emeril's Paneed Chicken Breasts with Carbonara
A Quick and Easy Chicken Cutlet
You asked for it — a quick and easy recipe for chicken cutlets and Emeril Lagasse is delivering it with a bang. He developed this recipe in honor of our viewers who sent in so many requests for a new chicken recipe via ABCNEWS.com.
1. Season each chicken breast with 1/4 teaspoon of Essence. In a small bowl, combine the breadcrumbs, Parmesan, parsley, basil, thyme, oregano, 1 tablespoon of olive oil and salt.
2. In a separate bowl, season the flour with 1/2 teaspoon of salt and stir to blend. In a third bowl, beat the egg with the milk and season with the remaining 1/2 teaspoon of Essence.
3. In a large skillet or sauté pan set over a medium-high heat, add the remaining 6 tablespoons of olive oil and once the oil is hot, dredge the chicken in the seasoned flour, then the egg wash and finally the bread crumbs.
4. Place the breaded chicken in the skillet and fry for 2 1/2 minutes on the first side, and flip over to cook for 2 minutes on the second side. In a sauté pan over a medium high heat, render the bacon and pancetta till crispy, remove from the pan and discard all but 1 tablespoon of the fat. Add the onion to the pan and sweat for 2-3 minutes.
2. Add the garlic and sweat for 30 seconds. Immediately add the cream, peas, cheese, salt and pepper. Allow the sauce to boil and reduce by fifty percent before returning the bacon and pancetta to the sauce, and garnishing with the country ham and parsley. Pour 4 tablespoons of the sauce over each chicken breast to serve. c.© Emeril Lagasse 2001.