American Broadcasting Companies, Inc./Outback Steakhouse, Inc. Summer Concert Series Sweepstakes Official Rules
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes begins 12:01 am ET on June 17, 2002 and ends 11:59 pm ET on July 14, 2002. Open only to legal residents of the 50 United States and Washington D.C., 18 years of age or older. Employees of ABC, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Outback Steakhouse, Inc. The Concept Studio, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotion agencies and anyone involved in this Sweepstakes' production, development or handling, and immediate families/household members of anyone so employed are not eligible.
2. HOW TO ENTER: To enter, log on to www.ABCNEWS.com and go to the Good Morning America ("GMA") homepage Sweepstakes button, navigate to www.Outback.com and complete the Official Entry Form online. Only one entry per person. All entries must be received by 11:59 pm ET July 14, 2002, when the Sweepstakes ends. All entries become the property of Sponsors and will not be acknowledged or returned.
3. PRIZES and ODDS: Two (2) Grand Prizes: A Trip for two (2) to New York to attend the final Summer Concert Series performance in Bryant Park. Grand Prize consists of: round-trip coach air transportation for two (2) to New York from airport nearest winner's home; 4-day/3-night hotel accommodations (one room, double occupancy); ground transportation to/from airport and hotel in New York and round-trip ground transportation to/from Concert. (ARV: $3,800 each). Actual final value of prize may vary based on point of departure, price of airline ticket and availability at time of purchase. Grand Prize Winners agree to travel and participate on a specified date to coincide with the final performance of the Summer Concert Series. Any Grand Prize Winner who lives within the New York Metropolitan area will receive, in lieu of airfare, round-trip local transportation between winner's home and hotel. Winners are solely responsible for all other expenses not specified herein, including but not limited to meals, tips, hotel incidentals and other ground transportation costs. Ten (10) First Prizes: Gift Certificates to Outback Steakhouse (ARV: $45 each). Total Prize Value: $8,050. No substitution or transfer of prizes except with Sponsors' permission or where required by law. If for any reason prize becomes unavailable, Sponsors may award a substitute prize of equal or greater value. Grand Prize Winners and guests must travel together on specified itinerary. Accommodations restrictions and blackout dates may apply. Prize will be awarded within approximately 30 days after selection of winner. Prizes are not transferable. Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received.
4. WINNER SELECTION: Winners will be randomly selected on or about July 19, 2002, from all valid entries received, under the supervision of The Concept Studio, LLC, an independent judging organization and Sweepstakes Administrator, whose decisions are final and binding as to all aspects of the Sweepstakes. Winners will be notified by telephone and/or mail on or about July 19, 2002. If potential winner does not reply to such notification within 3 business days, winner will be disqualified and an alternate winner will be selected in a random drawing. Grand Prize Winner will be required to execute and return an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release and Indemnification and, unless prohibited by law, a Publicity Release, within 3 days from date of issuance. All travel companions must execute a Release of Liability prior to travel date. If Grand Prize Winner is a minor by state law, the above documents must be completed by parent/legal guardian who must travel with winner on trip. Failure to execute the above documents within specified time period may result in disqualification and random selection of an alternate winner.
4. VALIDATIONS/CONDITIONS: Any noncompliance with rules or conditions will result in disqualification and the selection of an alternate winner. By entering, participants agree to release, discharge and hold harmless ABC, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, Outback Steakhouse, Inc., The Concept Studio, their parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, licensees and assigns, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives from any and all claims, injuries, liabilities and damages arising from or relating to his or her participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance, use or misuse of any prize. By entering this Sweepstakes, each participant grants permission to ABC, Inc., The Walt Disney Company, and Outback Steakhouse, Inc. to use his or her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information (city and state only) for programming, publicity and promotional purposes without further compensation, unless prohibited by law. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any entrant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account at time of entry. If for any reason prize is not claimed or winner is disqualified, prize will be awarded to an alternate winner, also selected at random. If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right at their sole discretion, to modify, cancel, terminate, and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and to disqualify any individual who tampers with the entry process, violates these official rules, or acts in a disruptive manner. No responsibility is assumed for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any Web site or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to entrant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. No responsibility is assumed for delayed, lost or misdirected entries; or any theft, destruction, unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or for any retailer handling delay. No responsibility is assumed for any telecommunication interruptions or delays, including disconnections, busy signals or any other technical difficulties. By participating, entrants agree to be bound by these official rules and the decision of the Sponsors and the judges, which shall be final in all respects.
5. SPONSORS: ABC Television, 77 West 66th Street, New York, NY 10023 Outback Steakhouse, Inc., 2202 N. Westshore Boulevard, Tampa, FL 33607
6. SWEEPSTAKES ADMINISTRATOR: The Concept Studio, P.O. Box 8033, Westport, CT 06888.
7. PRIZE WINNERS LIST: For a list of winners and/or Sweepstakes rules, send a self-addressed stamped envelope (VT residents may omit return postage) to: Outback Steakhouse /GMA Summer Concert Series Sweepstakes, P.O. Box 8022, Westport, CT 06888 by August 30, 2002.