Grammy-winning recording artist Lionel Richie caps off "Good Morning America's" Summer Concert Series with a live performance in New York City's Bryant Park on Friday, Aug. 25.
Island Records wants to send you and a friend to Manhattan to see Richie perform in "GMA's" Summer Concert Series. The winner of the sweepstakes will win a three-day/two-night trip for two to New York City, which includes a round-trip coach airfare for two and two nights' hotel accomodations, plus VIP treatment at the concert.
Read the sweepstakes rules below and Click Here to Enter the Lionel Richie Concert Sweepstakes.
Richie's latest album, "Coming Home" -- featuring collaborations with today's biggest hitmakers including Jermaine Dupri, Raphael Saadiq, Dallas Austin, Sean Garrett, Chuckii Booker, and others -- will hit stores Sept. 12.
For more information on the record, click here.
American Broadcasting Companies, Inc.
Good Morning America's Lionel Richie Concert Sweepstakes
No purchase necessary. Void where prohibited. Enter by noon ET 8/21/06. Random drawing. Must be 21 years or older, resident of 50 US states or DC, available to travel to include 8/25/06. Must provide phone number for contact on 8/21/06 between 1pm - 10pm ET.
You must have Internet access to participate. Sweepstakes open to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States and the District of Columbia, 21 years of age or older. Sweepstakes sponsored by American Broadcasting Companies, Inc. and Island Def Jam Music Group. (collectively, "Sponsors").
Sweepstakes Entry: The Good Morning America's Lionel Richie Concert Sweepstakes (the "Sweepstakes") begins 7:00 am Eastern Time ("ET") on 8/18/06 and ends 12:01 pm ET on 8/21/06 (the "Sweepstakes Period"). Sponsors' computer is the official clock for this Sweepstakes. To enter, navigate the Internet and visit http://www.GMAConcerts.com/ or http://www.GMA.ABCNEWS.com and click on the icon that will take you to the "Good Morning America Lionel Richie Concert Sweepstakes" homepage. You must be a registered member of the Walt Disney Internet Group ("WDIG") family of sites to enter. Registration is free and only required once. If you've ever registered with one of WDIG's family of sites, including, but not limited to, ABC.com, ABCNEWS.com, Disney.com, ESPN.com, FamilyFun.com or Movies.com, you need not register again. Enter as follows:
A) If you are an existing member, simply sign in on the Sweepstakes Registration home page with your current member name and password. To submit your Sweepstakes entry, click the "Submit Entry" button on the Sweepstakes entry page.
B) If you are not a member, you can register by clicking on the link located on the Sweepstakes Registration home page. You will be asked to provide your name, mailing address (with zip code), e-mail address, gender, date of birth, country, phone number with area code and to select a password. To submit your Sweepstakes entry, click the "Submit Entry" button on the Sweepstakes entry page.
Released Parties (as defined below) are not responsible for late, lost, incomplete, garbled, delayed, inaccurate, undelivered or misdirected entries or e-mail. All entries must be received by 12:01 pm ET on 8/21/06. All entries become the property of Sponsors' and will not be acknowledged or returned. By entering this Sweepstakes, participants agree to these Official Rules and the decisions of the administrators and Sponsors, which are binding and final in all matters relating to this Sweepstakes.
2. Eligibility: Sweepstakes is open only to legal residents of the fifty (50) United States or D.C. who are 21 years of age or older as of the date of entry. Void outside the fifty (50) United States and D.C. and where prohibited by law. Entrants must be available at the phone number they provide between the hours of 1 pm and 10 pm ET on Monday, August 21st. Any individuals (including, but not limited to, employees, consultants, independent contractors, and interns) who have, within six months prior to the start date of the Sweepstakes, performed services for Sponsors, or their respective parent, subsidiary, affiliated and successor companies or any organizations responsible for fulfilling, administering, advertising or promoting the Sweepstakes or supplying any prize, and immediate family and household members of such individuals, are not eligible to enter or win a prize. "Immediate family members" shall mean parents, step-parents, children, step-children, siblings, step-siblings, or spouses, regardless of where they live. "Household members" shall mean people who share the same residence at least three months a year, whether related or not. All applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations apply.
3. Prizes: One (1) Grand Prize: Consisting of a three (3) day/two (2) night trip for two (2) to New York City to attend Lionel Richie's performance at the Good Morning America summer concert series performance on Friday, August 25, 2006. Trip includes round-trip coach class air transportation for two (2) between major U.S. gateway airport nearest winner's home and New York City and 2 nights' hotel accommodations (one room, standard, double occupancy) in a hotel of Sponsors' choosing, round-trip ground transportation to and from arrival airport and VIP Treatment at the GMA concert. (Approximate Retail Value ("ARV"): $2,000). The Grand Prize winner's package dates must include being in New York City on August 25, 2006; all travel arrangements are at the Sponsors' sole discretion, or prize will be forfeited and, at Sponsors' discretion, awarded to an alternate winner, time permitting.
Actual value of trip may vary based on point of departure and dates of travel. If Grand Prize winner lives within 150 mile radius of New York City, in lieu of air transportation, round-trip ground transportation will be provided by Sponsors between Grand Prize winner's home and hotel, and no compensation or substitution will be provided for difference in prize value. Travel and lodging are subject to availability, certain travel restrictions, blackout dates and Sponsors' approval. Winner is solely responsible for all costs and expenses not specified herein as being awarded, including, but not limited to, meals, tips, hotel incidentals and additional ground transportation.
The Grand Prize winner and his/her guest must possess all required travel documents and travel together on the same itinerary. Travel arrangements must be booked through Sponsors' agent, on a carrier of Sponsors' choice. Guest of each Grand Prize winner must be of legal age of majority in his/her jurisdiction of residence (and at least 18 years of age), unless accompanied by parent/legal guardian. Guest will be required to execute and return a liability/publicity release prior to ticketing. Changes not permitted after tickets are issued. Airline tickets are non-refundable/non-transferable and are not valid for upgrades and/or frequent flyer miles.
Sponsor is not responsible for the cancellation, postponement or rescheduling of the concert. In the unlikely event the concert does not occur as originally scheduled, Winner will receive VIP treatment at Good Morning America studios instead of attending a concert or performance. Prizes are awarded "as is" with no warranty or guarantee, either express or implied by Sponsors. No substitution or transfer of prizes permitted by winners. Sponsors reserve the right to substitute a prize (or portion thereof) of comparable or greater value, at their sole direction. All federal, state and local taxes are the sole responsibility of winners. All prize details are at the sole discretion of the Sponsors.
4. Winner Selection/Notification: Potential winners will be randomly selected on or about 8/21/06 from all eligible entries received. The drawing will be conducted by LD Marketing Group ("Administrator"), an independent sweepstakes administrator, whose decisions are final and binding with respect to all aspects of the Sweepstakes. Odds of winning a prize depend on the number of eligible entries received.
Potential winners will be notified by phone between 1:00 PM and 10:00 PM ET on Monday, August 21st. If the Sponsor is not able to reach the potential winner in that phone call, then the Sponsor will contact other potential winners until contact is made with a potential winner. The potential winner who is contacted must sign and return within one (1) business day of notification by fax or overnight delivery an Affidavit of Eligibility, Release of Liability and Indemnification, and a Publicity Release where allowed by law. Travel companion (or, if a minor, his/her parent or legal guardian) must also sign and return a liability/publicity release within the same time period. Travel companion may be a minor only if Grand Prize winner is such minor's parent or legal guardian, as minor must be accompanied on the trip by his or her parent or legal guardian, who will be counted as one of the two total travelers included in the Grand Prize. In the event of any dispute concerning the identity of any participant, the entry will be deemed submitted by the natural person who is the authorized holder of the transmitting e-mail account. The authorized account holder shall be the natural person to whom the applicable e-mail address has been assigned by the Internet access provider, service provider, or other online organization responsible for assigning e-mail addresses for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address. A potential winner may be required to provide the Sponsors with proof that the potential winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry.
Internet: If for any reason the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned, including, but not limited to, infection by computer virus, bugs, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failure or other causes which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Sweepstakes, Sponsors reserve the right, at their sole discretion, to cancel, terminate, modify and/or suspend the Sweepstakes and, if terminated or cancelled, to determine potential winners in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received prior to the action taken; and to disqualify any individuals who tamper with the entry process, violate these Official Rules, or act in a disruptive or abusive manner.
No responsibility is assumed by Released Parties for any error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, communications line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to or alteration of entries; or any problems or technical malfunctions of any telephone network or lines, computer online systems, servers or providers, computer equipment, software, failure of any e-mail or electronic entry to be received on account of technical problems or traffic congestion on the Internet or at any website or any combination thereof, including any injury or damage to participant's or any other person's computer related to, or resulting from, participation in or downloading any materials from this Sweepstakes. Released Parties assume no responsibility for any errors of any kind relating to or in connection with the Sweepstakes, whether technical, computer, network, printing, typographical, human or otherwise, including, without limitation, errors which may occur in connection with the administration of the Sweepstakes, the processing of entries, the announcement of the prizes or in any Sweepstakes-related materials. Entries generated by script, macro or other automated means are void. Participants agree not to knowingly damage or cause interruption of the Sweepstakes and/or prevent others from using the Sweepstakes.
CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DAMAGE ANY ONLINE SERVICE OR WEBSITE OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATIONS OF THE SWEEPSTAKES VIOLATES CRIMINAL OR CIVIL LAWS. IF SUCH AN ATTEMPT IS MADE, SPONSORS MAY DISQUALIFY ANY PARTICIPANT MAKING SUCH ATTEMPT AND SEEK DAMAGES TO THE FULLEST EXTENT OF THE LAW.
6. Conditions: By participating, participants agree to (i) be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsors and Administrator, which shall be final and binding in all respects; (ii) release, discharge and hold harmless Sponsors, Administrator, and their respective parent, subsidiary and affiliated companies, advertising and promotional agencies and prize suppliers and each of their respective officers, directors, employees, agents and representatives (collectively, the "Released Parties") from any and all claims, liability, including but not limited to negligence and damages of any kind to persons and property, including but not limited to death or personal injury, arising out of a participant's participation in the Sweepstakes and/or acceptance or use or misuse of any prize. (including any travel or activity related thereto); (iii) if a winner, to the Sponsors' and their designees' use his/her name, photograph, likeness, voice, prize information and/or biographical information worldwide in perpetuity for programming, publicity, advertising and promotional purposes in any and all media, now existing or hereafter created or conceived, without further compensation, notification or permission, unless prohibited by law; and (iv) Sponsor is not responsible for the cancellation, postponement or rescheduling of any concert. In the event a concert does not occur as originally scheduled, Winner will receive VIP treatment at Good Morning America studios instead of attending a concert or performance.
7. Sponsors: American Broadcasting Companies, Inc., 77 W 66th St., New York, NY 10023 and Island Def Jam Music Group, 825 Eighth Avenue, New York, NY 10019.
8. Administrator: LD Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor New York, NY 10001
9. Winners List: For the names of the winners, available after 8/25/06, mail a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: Good Morning America's Lionel Richie Concert Sweepstakes, Winners List Request, c/o LD Marketing Group, 159 West 25th Street, 2nd Floor, New York, NY 10001. Requests received after 9/8/06 will not be honored.