Transcript for How a Boy's Pet Rodent Turned Deadly
San Diego couple suing one of the country's biggest pet stores after their ten year old son died from an infection he got from his pet rat. Little -- -- died last summer less than two weeks after his grandmother. Bought the -- from pet go family says that -- was negligent by not adequately testing the rotor for disease. But they are released a statement saying quote we follow what we -- the India's industry's stronger standards for companion animal health and welfare. We -- specific testing protocols to be determined by our vendors unless we identify a reason for concern. We're saddened by the Yankees family's tragic loss.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.