Transcript for Dairy Queen Shake Allegedly Laced with Chemical in Colorado
a scary episode at dairy queen. Just two weeks after a Utah woman was hospitalized after drinking ice tea from a local barbecue laced with chemicals, there's a toxic shake and dairy queen. Clayton Sandell has the story. Reporter: Finally out of the hospital two weeks after a single sip of tea. They say an employee mistook the chemical, lie, used to clean the deep fryers, mixing it into the drink. Now it's happened again. It was bubbling on my tongue. Reporter: This time in Colorado, 7-year-old Riley chase going to the hospital after this shake. It was just like you were drinking a very strong cleanser. Reporter: Lisa chase said the manager said an employee left the chemical cleaner in the sink, and filled with vanilla syrup thinking it was clean. It just burned all the way down. Reporter: They accidently sold the bad batch to two other customers who also had to be taken to a hospital. Federal regulations require hazardous cleaners to be stored away from where the food is prepared. And businesses are supposed to provide proper training for employees handling chemical cleaners. They need to be held accountable, could have cost people their lives. Reporter: In a statement, dairy queen told ABC news this was an isolated incident and the employees responsible had been reprimanded. The rest of the staff is getting new training. There's no reason that should have ever happened. Reporter: Both incidents are being investigated, not just leaving the bad taste in the mouths of customers, but a dangerous one. For "Good morning America," Clayton Sandell, ABC news. Coming up, Arianna and Miley
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.