'Hoarding' Home Quarantined After Hantavirus Infection

A person cleaning the home for the reality show was infected with the sometimes deadly virus.
3:00 | 09/10/12

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for 'Hoarding' Home Quarantined After Hantavirus Infection
And now to that strange mystery virus grabbing headlines. The hantavirus in a new place. The texas community featured on "hoarders." Reporter: If you've ever watched one of those reality shows about hoarding and thought there could be a deadly disease lurking under all that junk. Move at your own risk. Reporter: Well, you might be right. At least in this house in the pricey-planned community of the woodlands north of houston. A woman cleaning the home for a future episode of tlc's "hoarding: Buried alive" caught the hanta disease. Hanta is spread, it goes into the air. It goes into the air, it's breathed in and it affects the lungs. Reporter: The virus is fatal up to half the time. The woman is recovering, but this morning, a deputy sits outside the house to make sure everyone stays a safe distance away. As many as 30 people between cleanup and film crews were in the home the last couple of weeks. That house is made to course for that type of thing. Not any cleaning it getting done. Reporter: This owner died from the same virus after staying in infested cabins. Tens of thousands of other tourists were warn to watch for symptoms. The producers of "hoarding" refused to comment on the latest case, but hopes that the home they feeatured made it, not not how they planned. And we turn to will and kate on the road.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":17199913,"title":"'Hoarding' Home Quarantined After Hantavirus Infection","duration":"3:00","description":"A person cleaning the home for the reality show was infected with the sometimes deadly virus.","section":"GMA","mediaType":"Default"}