Mysterious Death at Kansas City Chiefs Game

Kyle Vanwinkle was rushed to the hospital and later died after a confrontation in the parking lot.
3:00 | 12/03/13

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:



Skip to this video now

Now Playing:


Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Mysterious Death at Kansas City Chiefs Game
Our becky worley gets to the bottom of it all. We're going to look at the mysterious death at the game of the chiefs and broncos. A young man collapsed after some sort of struggle. Alex perez has the latest. Reporter: Good morning, george. This morning, kyle's family says they don't know why he wasn't in the stadium where they thought he was. This morning, they and so many others are desperate to figure out what went wrong. This morning, kansas city investigators are hunting for answers. Kyle van winkle's mysterious death has police and chiefs' fans wondering what exactly happened outside of arrowhead stadium. It happened close to us. Reporter: It was sunday evening. Thousands of fans packed inside arrowhead. Suddenly, panic in the parking lot. Police were called to parking lot a, after the owner of a green jeep finds a strange man inside his vehicle. That man was 30-year-old van winkle. This man says his relative was in the parking lot and heard the commotion. Apparently, a person came out swinging. So, I really don't know what happened after that. Reporter: The owner of the jeep, police say, confronts van winkle and a struggle ensues. Investigators say, that's when van winkle collapses. He is rushed to the hospital where he later died. We're trying to figure out how this person died. Reporter: But adding to the suspicious death, authorities say initial tests say that van winkle's body had no obvious signs of trauma. Doesn't appear to be shot or stabbed or anything. Reporter: Overnight, a glimpse into van winkle's life surfaced. He is a former honor student and worked at a credit union. His father, a sergeant for a nearby police department, told "the kansas city star," so much of what I'm seeing makes my son look to be the one to blame. Those that know my son know he's not a thief an how good a man he is. The mystery is growing. Police releasing all four people being questioned. At this point, no suspects in custody. Authorities say it will be four to six weeks before toxicology and autopsy results return. Then, they will determine if charges will be filed in this case. Robin? Wait and see. Alex, thank you.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":21079705,"title":"Mysterious Death at Kansas City Chiefs Game","duration":"3:00","description":"Kyle Vanwinkle was rushed to the hospital and later died after a confrontation in the parking lot.","url":"/GMA/video/mysterious-death-kansas-city-chiefs-game-21079705","section":"GMA","mediaType":"default"}