"Good morning america" health alert. Between 2001 and 2010, more than 1,500 people died from accidental acetaminophen overdoses. We appreciate you coming in. Not a new issue. Are people not getting... See More
"Good morning america" health alert. Between 2001 and 2010, more than 1,500 people died from accidental acetaminophen overdoses. We appreciate you coming in. Not a new issue. Are people not getting the message? The problem is, both patients or the public, consumer, as well as the medical community, the message is not getting through, we're talking about prevental deaths here. This is in hundreds of medications. People need to know the number, the maximum daily dose, and if necessary, they need to get out a calculator, add up what they're taking or ask their pharmacist or physician, because this can kill. Only a small amount over that 4,000 milligrams can cause life failure or be deadly. Such a popular and prevalent drug. What happens if you do overdose? The life is the major organ in the body. It could lead to coma. This is something that needs to be taken seriously. You need to look for this ingredient and do the math and add it up. I tell my patients, try to stay in the 3,000 milligram range. No alcohol. No alcohol whatsoever? You want to err on caution. No drinking, better safe than sorry. Read the label or ask pharmacists. They're a huge resource. Dr. Ashton, thank you. Well, we're going to turn now overseas, there's a new baby, you have heard of him,
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.