Gina Clowes thought the hard candy her son had just eaten was safe for his multitude of food allergies. The candy turned out to be a chewy variety that triggered a severe allergic reaction.
"You look at the clock and seconds are all taking a minute," said Clowes, who had given her son a shot of epinephrine to counteract the attack and was waiting for the reaction to subside.
"I was the one thing he could trust," she said. And, in this instance, "I goofed."
Trust can be a tricky concept for...Full Story