Section 5: General Questions About Living With Autism
- Prognosis For A Child With Autism?
- When Might Autism Appear Better/Worse?
- Responding To Behavioral Intervention?
- What If My Child Is Not Making Progress?
- When Should I Abandon Speech Training?
- Role-Playing To Help With Autism?
- Encouraging Others To Play With My Kid?
- What Do I Do If My Kid Only Eats Junk?
- Underlying Condition Causing Tantrums?
- Should I Encourage An Interest In Art?
- Community Activities For Autistic Kids?
- Should My Child Be Sleeping In My Bed?
- Should I Keep My Child With Autism Home?
- Can Autistic Teens Get Driver's License?
- Strategies For Adjusting To Puberty?
Dr. Bryan King answers the question: 'Prognosis For A Child With Autism?'
More Section 5: General Questions About Living With Autism stories...
Section 5: For Parents, Family & Friends
- How Do I Cope With My Child's Diagnosis?
- How Do I Tell My Kid He/She Has Autism?
- Meeting Other Parents In My Situation?
- How Can Relatives Help Autistic Kids?
- Do We Need to Move To Get Treatment?
- What If A Sibling Is Embarrassed?
- Are Support Groups Helpful For Siblings?
- How Do I Prevent Sibling Jealousy?
- Is It Irresponsible To Have More Kids?
- How Can I Manage My Parenting Stress?
- Should Parents Seek Marriage Counseling?
- Maintaining A Marriage Despite Autism?
- Other Medical Issues Linked To Autism?
- Hallucinations In Young Adulthood?
- Suicidal Thoughts And Asperger Syndrome?
Dr. Skripka answers the question: 'How Do I Cope With My Child's Diagnosis?'
More Section 5: For Parents, Family & Friends stories...
Section 5: Schooling Children With Autism
- Educational Goals For My Autistic Child?
- Neighborhood School vs. Autism School?
- Homeschooling Children With Autism?
- General Education vs. Special Education?
- Need For An Autism Specialist Teacher?
- What Educational Entitlement Do We Have?
- What Is An IEP?
- What Is Included In The IEP?
- Reasonable Academic Changes For An IEP?
- How Do I Prepare For An IEP Meeting?
- Maintaining A Good IEP Relationship?
- Computer-Assisted Education For Autism?
- Ensuring School Safety For My Child?
- How Can I Complement My Child's IEP?
Dr. Lisa Shulman answers the question: 'Educational Goals Be For My Child?'
More Section 5: Schooling Children With Autism stories...
Section 5: Becoming An Adult
- What Goals Should Autistic Adults Have?
- High School-To-Adult Transition Plan?
- Transition From High School To College?
- What Is Personal Futures Planning?
- Good Careers for People With Autism?
- How Do Entitlements Change At 22?
- Development Program For Autistic Adults?
- Legal Protections For Those With Autism?
- Living Arrangements For Autistic Adults?
- Therapeutic Support For People With Autim?
- Leisure Pursuits For Adults With Autism?
- Concern vs. Independence For My Child?
- Caring For My Child After I Am Gone?
Dr. Wagner answers the question: 'What Goals Should Autistic Adults Have?'
More Section 5: Becoming An Adult stories...
Section 5: For Adults With Autism
- Should I Tell Others About My Autism?
- What Is A Neurotypical?
- Advantages Of Asperger Syndrome?
- Can I Stay Home Alone As Much As I Want?
- Why Should I Be Around Neurotypicals?
- Why Do People Tell Me I'm Rude?
- How Do I Get Along With My Coworkers?
- How Do I Socialize With Autism?
Dr. Ousley answers the question: 'Should I Tell Others About My Autism?'
More Section 5: For Adults With Autism stories...
ABC News OnCall+ Autism
- ABC News OnCall+ Autism Center
- Index: Autism Basics
- Index: Autism Risk Factors and Prevention
- Index: Autism Symptoms and Diagnosis
- Index: Autism Treatment and Early Intervention
- Index: Living With Autism
- Autism Stories and Video From ABC News
Everything you need to know about autism from the nation's top experts.
More ABC News OnCall+ Autism stories...