Section 4: Acute Treatment - In The Emergency Room
- How Is A Heart Attack Handled In The ER?
- Cardiogram Shows Heart Attack, What Next?
- Why Do Heart Attack Patients Go To CCU?
- What Is 'Small Vessel Disease'?
- Do Community Hospitals Give Good Care?
Dr. Ornato answers the question: 'How Is A Heart Attack Handled In The ER?'
More Section 4: Acute Treatment - In The Emergency Room stories...
Section 4: Acute Treatment - Medicine & Defibrillators
- What Are Clot Busters, How Do They Work?
- What Are Blood Thinners, When Necessary?
- Why Do EMTs Give Heart Patients Aspirin?
- How Are Arrhythmias Prevented, Treated?
- How Does Nitroglycerin Work?
- What Is A Defibrillator, How Is It Used?
- Implanted Versus ER Defibrillators?
- Does Everyone Need Implanted Defibs?
- Implanted Defibrillator For Prevention?
- Reliability Of Implanted Defibrillators?
Dr. Becker answers the question: 'What Are Clot Busters, How Do They Work?'
More Section 4: Acute Treatment - Medicine & Defibrillators stories...
Section 4: Acute Treatment - Angioplasty & Stents
- Percutaneous Coronary Intervention?
- What Is Angioplasty And When Is It Done?
- What Are Stents And When Are They Used?
- When Are Drug-Coated Stents Used?
- Which Drug-Coated Stent Works Best?
- Drug-Coated Stents And Heart Attack?
- Blood Thinners Used After Angioplasty?
Dr. Richard Nesto answers the question: 'Percutaneous Coronary Intervention?'
More Section 4: Acute Treatment - Angioplasty & Stents stories...
Section 4: Acute Treatment - Bypass Graft Surgery
- How Is Bypass Done, How Long Is It?
- Risks And Benefits Of Bypass Surgery?
- Bypass Incision -- Size And Appearance?
- Bypass Surgery Versus Stents?
- Why Bypass Surgery Instead Of Stents?
- How Do I Prepare For Bypass Surgery?
- Can I Donate My Own Blood Before Bypass?
- How Painful Is a Sternotomy Incision?
- Bypass -- Vessels From Legs Or Chest?
- Why Do I Have 'Spare' Veins For Bypass?
- What Is Mini-Invasive Vein Harvesting?
- Pain Pumps For Bypass Surgery?
- On-Pump Versus Off-Pump Bypass?
- Programs To Improve Bypass Experience?
- Typical Recovery After Bypass Surgery?
Dr. Michler answers the question: 'How Is Bypass Done, How Long Is It?'
More Section 4: Acute Treatment - Bypass Graft Surgery stories...
ABC News OnCall+ Heart Disease
- ABC News OnCall+ Heart Disease Center
- Section 1: Overview
- Section 2: Risk Factors
- Section 3: Diagnosis
- Section 4: Treatment
- Section 5: Living with Heart Disease
- Heart Health News
- ABC News OnCall+ Heart Health Center
- Index: Arrhythmia / Heart Rhythm Issues
- Index: High Blood Pressure
- Index: Heart Failure
Everything you need to know about heart disease from the nation's top experts.
More ABC News OnCall+ Heart Disease stories...