FDA Group Issues Cautions on Acetaminophen Overdose

When Antonio Benedi of Springfield, Va., felt a case of the flu coming on one weekend in February 1993, he did what millions of others do -- he reached for a common over-the-counter pain medication. "I was taking Tylenol like I was supposed to, by the label," he said. A few days later the then 37-year-old Benedi was in a coma and in desperate need of a liver transplant. Benedi, like hundreds of Americans each year, experienced acute liver failure as a result of taking acetaminophen, the most...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.