Baby Needs Surgery After Swallowing Expanding Ball

Little kids have been in the news for swallowing magnetic "Bucky Balls" and detergent pods. And now there's a case report of an 8-month-old baby girl named Aunraya, who was brought to Texas Children's Hospital because she swallowed a new toy: a superabsorbent polymer ball. Her great grandmother and legal guardian, Freida Deweese, thought Aunraya had swallowed a "piece of candy." But it was actually a Water Balz toy, which starts out the size of a marble and is advertised to grow to 400 times...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.