Louisiana Issues Neti Pot Warning After Two Fatal Infections

The Louisiana Department of Health and Hospitals has issued a warning about improper Neti pot use, which has been linked to two deadly infections. A 51-year-old woman from DeSoto Parish and a 20-year-old man from St. Bernard Parish, a suburb of New Orleans, died after using Neti pots containing tap water to flush their sinuses. Both became infected with Naegleria fowleri, a parasite known as the brain-eating amoeba. "If you are irrigating, flushing or rinsing your sinuses, for example, by...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.