Flesh-Eating Disease: Severe Pain Leads Symptoms

When a leaky trash bag brushed his ankle during cleanup at his daughter's kindergarten class picnic two years ago, Doug Murphy initially thought nothing of it. But bacteria that entered through his ankle created a flesh-eating infection that nearly cost him his right leg – and his life. By the next morning, he noticed "a black mark, about the size of a quarter" that he dismissed as a spider bite, located where fluid from the leaky bag had seeped through his sock. By the second morning, his...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.