Brass Instruments Can Cause Lung Disease

That saxophone player can sure play the blues, but his instrument may be getting green. Brass musicians may unknowingly inhale mold and bacteria from their instruments, which may lead to the development of hypersensitivity pneumonitis (HP), according to a study published today in Chest magazine. The allergic lung condition, which can develop into a more dangerous fibrosis, is characterized by shortness of breath and coughing. In two separate reports, researchers from the United States and...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.