Rory Staunton's death started with a simple cut on his arm.
Rory, a 12-year-old New Yorker, cut himself when he dove for a basketball at his school gym in late March, according to the New York Times. Two days later, he was vomiting, feverish and had a pain in his leg. A few days later, on April 1, Rory died at NYU-Langone Medical Center of a kind of blood poisoning known as sepsis.
His death, and others, point to a major problem in treating sepsis -- there are currently no drugs approved to...Full Story