Transcript for Fire Ant Sting Proves Fatal for Allergic Woman
She was an icu. For several days and just didn't work out. Jenny Pomeroy a wife mother and grandmother died from the sting of a fire -- She was relaxing at the pool of her -- -- home late last week this is just so hard to believe and so unexpected. Pomeroy worked for prevent blindness Georgia for seventeen years. Her coworkers say she knew she was allergic to fire at -- had been hospitalized twenty years ago from another sting. Sending me that she was allergic to fire -- Hands was very easily very always very aware of -- -- things. In most people firing it stings only cause red welts itching and swelling but in those allergic that -- can cause an immediate and sometimes deadly reaction. Like the one that killed Pomeroy. They'll epi pens can prevent -- -- shock after a sting and allergy specialist told me is series of allergy shots can prevent allergic emergencies. So a lot of patients and doctors do not know the fire and allergy can be cured without party shots someone can take allergy shots and within a very short -- time. Be desensitized to fire -- and prevent a serious traction from ever -- -- and. Made available at any hardware home improvement store can kill fire ants. But the answer so common in Georgia and the southeast you've got to keep your eyes open. In the allergic to it can take only one -- to kill and if you are allergic to the older you get the more likely you are to died from the sting of a fire -- -- Pomeroy was 65. Wednesday her Condo homeowners association sent an email to residents explaining what happened and expressing sorrow. Her friends and family are still coping with their loss -- -- real -- Diana Davis channel two action news.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.