Man Burned by Exploding Electronic Cigarette

Florida man was severely burned when cigarette reportedly blew up in his face.
1:24 | 02/15/12

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Man Burned by Exploding Electronic Cigarette
A Florida man has been seriously injured in a pretty freak accident get this he was slowly one of those electronic cigarettes went in blew up right there in his face. We get the bizarre details now from WE JR's Laura policy in -- -- Florida. Tom Holloway is a photographer at Vietnam veteran and father of three justices. From us and he's had some health problems. You know with his lungs and so he quit smoking. The neighbor Wendy Jensen says Holloway had been using electronic cigarettes for about two years. Monday evening his wife heard a loud noise from the study she said that it sounded like a firecracker and it was just a horrible noise and she heard him -- when she -- in the air Holloway cigarette had exploded. The debris that flew around the room was so hot it melted everything it touched. What we believe -- in the battery. And whenever the battery ignited -- he was basically like Tim Holden a bottle rocket and is now. -- exploded in his face. And he hit that knocked out of T and part of his time. And he had blood all over his face and then it -- that the study on fire. Jensen says Holloway has been transferred to a burn center. Firefighters say it was impossible to tell the brand of the electronic cigarette this is the first time they've heard of one exploding. Reporting in nice -- Florida Laura hot seat for ABC news.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":15630752,"title":"Man Burned by Exploding Electronic Cigarette","duration":"1:24","description":"Florida man was severely burned when cigarette reportedly blew up in his face.","section":"Health","mediaType":"Default"}