Transcript for Poisonous Mushrooms: 2 Dead at Elder Care Home
Two people are dead four others in the hospital after eating soup made with mushrooms picked in the wild. It happened at an assisted living facility in northern California a caregiver. Apparently made the -- for the elderly patients not knowing the mushrooms were poison -- the caregiver is among those hospitalized. California health officials say there have been more than 17100 cases of people eating wild mushrooms in 2009 and 2010. Officials repeatedly warned people not to eat mushrooms picked in the wild.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.