Prom King's Death Attributed to Caffeine Overdose

An Ohio coroner reports that Logan Stiner, 18, died from an irregular heartbeat after ingesting caffeine powder.
1:14 | 07/02/14

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Prom King's Death Attributed to Caffeine Overdose
A wakeup call over caffeine. A coroner -- Ohio is blaming the death of an eighteen year old high school student on a lethal amount of caffeine found in his body. Logan Steiner was found on the floor of his family home in the grange Ohio back on May 27. The county coroner says the normal amount of caffeine in an energy drink is read at fifteen micrograms. But Steiner had more than -- Per milliliter of blood in his system. Leads into. Credit -- -- -- -- -- yes beating heart and it leads in the seizures and those two things are what took his life. Signer was an honor student and member of the wrestling team and he was finishing his final week of high school. He was just a terrific kid I mean he's a -- role model for -- the special Olympic athletes. You know they loved having him there. After his death the Associated Press -- -- Stanley discovered bags of caffeine powder in the house. Coroner says the powder is sometimes used as an additive -- wait -- actors. And exercise enthusiasts. Death by caffeine overdose is extremely rare.

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":24401822,"title":"Prom King's Death Attributed to Caffeine Overdose","duration":"1:14","description":"An Ohio coroner reports that Logan Stiner, 18, died from an irregular heartbeat after ingesting caffeine powder.","section":"Health","mediaType":"Default"}