If You Like Him, It's Now OK to Put a Ring on Him

"I feel like a king with this on," said Gabel, checking out a chunky option.

Gabel showed guys can be just as finicky as girls when it comes to shopping.

"This is a little too bulky," he said of one ring. "This is nice too. It seems a little too skinny though."

But not all couples are in love with the idea of man-gagement.

According to a survey on brides.com, 55 percent of women surveyed said they would not buy their fiances engagement bands. But that leaves the 45 percent who said they would.

"The ones who would said they that felt like the engagement ring shouldn't be something that's just for the bride," said Fluker.

"Those that didn't said that they weren't sure that it was something that their fiancée in particular would be open to."

Gross said that when a man comes in to get an engagement ring, he usually comes in with his fiancée.

'Now Your Game Is Over Even Sooner'

"Usually, [the men] are dragged in," Gross said. "They are."

Gabel said that was not the case with him.

"She's not forcing at all," he said. "She wouldn't make me do anything that I wouldn't want to do."

Still, it's not always easy being a trailblazer.

"A couple of people just asked me what I was thinking, or am I -- this is the final straw," said Gabel. "Your wedding is pretty much game over, but now, it almost feels like if you put the ring on early ... well now your game is over even sooner."

Officially, it won't be "game over," as Gabel says, until next summer. Which means that soon it will be time to start looking for a wedding band.

"I think what we'll end up doing, I think, is wearing [the engagement ring] on my other hand," Gabel said. "I've heard that's a good option. Otherwise, there's a lot of talk about handing it down, making it a family heirloom."

Of course, not every guy will embrace the man-gagement ring. Even if he can't put his finger ... on exactly why.

-- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 9009112.
Page
  • 1
  • |
  • 2
Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus
 
You Might Also Like...