Think you know all there is to know about Mister Rogers' and his neighborhood? Check your answers and see how you did.
1. Mister Rogers' trolley travels an estimated 5,000 miles a year.
2. The Smithsonian Museum in Washington, DC has Mister Rogers' sweater as part of its collection in the American History area of popular culture. The sweater is on display near Archie Bunker's chair and J.R. Ewing's hat.
3. Mister Rogers graduated from Rollins College with a degree in music composition.
4. "The Children's Corner" was Mister Rogers first show and it appeared on WQED in Pittsburgh from 1955 to 1959.
5. Grandpere lives in the Eiffel Tower.
6. The Pittsburgh Penguins of the National Hockey League made Mister Rogers an honorary captain of their team in 1993.
7. Mister Rogers' was born and raised in Latrobe, PA, an industrial town about 30 miles east of Pittsburgh.
8. Mr. McFeeley is named after Fred's beloved maternal grandfather, Fred Brooks McFeeley. He once said to his grandson, "Freddy, I like you just the way you are!", a phrase Fred Rogers has used many times since.
9. Including some early black and white versions, over 870 episodes of MISTER ROGERS' NEIGHBORHOOD have been produced.
10. Daniel Tiger appeared in the first episode of "The Children's Corner," on April 1, 1954.
**Bonus: Mister Rogers is the voice of Daniel Tiger.