8. Keep up the fight for full engagement. Jordan wasn't wrong about taking on Dean. The more you throw at him the more something might stick. The research folks camped out in Burlington for weeks, and they have hits that are even better than that NRA questionnaire. Howard Dean has never had an unexpressed thought. This should work against him but it seems to be overshadowed by the fact that our campaign has never had an original thought.
9. For all of those recently arrived and soon-to-come staffers who wonder if our recent changes will lead to more attacks on Dean or the high road, the answer is: "Yes."
10. Getting into Canada requires proper ID. (Actually, that one belongs on a different list — ignore it … .)
11. Putting Shaheen out in front on the "Vermont Miracle" issue is a good idea — NH Democrats do like her — but remember that after two terms in office, she could only carry 60% of the vote — in the primary.
12. Be sure to get up early to read all of the Dean news clips and web page material. It will give you advance notice of what The Candidate will be talking about all day. It is also a good source of ideas for our own web site.
13. New Hampshire residents hate taxes, Bostonians, gun control and incumbent senators. Find common ground, quick. And don't forget your E-Z Pass.
14. In planning for major speeches in South Carolina, try to limit staff to less than 1/4 the size of the audience.
15. If ever you should go on Fox News, don't compare The Candidate's comments about "being the candidate for white guys in the South with the Confederate flag in their windows" to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr.'s "I Have A Dream" speech. It just makes everyone look foolish.
16. It takes some time to whittle down The Candidate's responses … . "Mr. Change Your Opinion For Expediency" is actually much better than his original suggestion of "Mr. Arrogant Jerk who can't stick with a position to save his life but will run our party into the ground and get beaten like a red-headed stepchild by another arrogant jerk already in the White House."
17. Firing Jordan is a one-day story. My resignation is a one-day story. Trailing by double digits is a one-day story. 76 days left until NH — filling every day with a different story seems like a daunting task but the senior staff and The Candidate will help as much as possible.
18. If asked what The Candidate was eating when I announced I was leaving — just say "crow." This is now a two-day story. And counting.
19. John Kerry doesn't have a plan to win the war, but "The Bunny" has a plan to win the peace. (Note Note: we don't know what that means either.)
20. Even though we won't dip into her personal fortune, TH has a plan to build a new pro football stadium in each battleground state. No really, she does.
21. If asked: Yes, we're still very glad we won the Shrum Primary.
22. The Kerry Girls are off limits — wait that probably doesn't apply to you. But same goes for Chris Heinz.
23. Don't bother trying to get The Candidate to stop delivering those prostate cancer jokes.
24. All questions about Morgan Fairchild get forwarded to Chris Black.
25. Trust Benander as Obi-Wan Kenobi … because I do.
26. No custard stops. Period. Free vanilla treats will serve to only sour, not sweeten, the waiting press corps. (Note Note: you MUST click this link. LINK