The 2016 NFL playoffs have arrived, featuring storylines for everyone. The Panthers, led by MVP favorite Cam Newton, and the Broncos, boosted by the return of Peyton Manning, are the No. 1 seeds. The Texans and the Redskins are in at 9-7. The Chiefs are riding a 10-game winning streak. Then there are star quarterbacks Tom Brady, Ben Roethlisberger, Aaron Rodgers, Carson Palmer and Russell Wilson lurking, along with upstart QBs Kirk Cousins and Teddy Bridgewater.
From the wild-card round through the Super Bowl, ESPN has you covered.
- Barnwell: NFL playoff kryptonite for every team
- Clayton: Ranking the clearest paths to the Super Bowl
- Sando: Ranking the NFL playoff teams
- Barnwell: 2015 NFL regular-season awards
- Can Texans' defense contain Alex Smith?
- Seahawks turn in most impressive win of 2015
- Will Broncos start Manning or Osweiler in playoffs?
- Stephen A. Smith: Seahawks are the biggest threat to Panthers
AFC wild-card games
- Fowler/Harvey: Tale of the Tape -- Bengals vs. Steelers, Round 3
- Fowler: Three reasons the Steelers believe they can make a Super Bowl run
- Harvey: Bengals believe it's time for a playoff 'exorcism'
- Fowler: Steelers one of AFC's most dangerous playoff teams
- Harvey: Bengals roll into playoffs with AJ McCarron as their QB -- for now
- Fowler: Steelers get Bengals in playoffs, and Marcus Gilbert is 'very excited'
- Harvey: With Steelers looming, Bengals believe it's time for a playoff 'exorcism'
- Ganguli: Shane Lechler wants younger Texans to savor playoffs
- Teicher: Chiefs at long last will have the better QB in a playoff game
- Ganguli: How the Texans became a playoff team
- Teicher: Chiefs counting on Alex Smith avoiding interceptions
- Ganguli: Texans roar into the playoffs with blowout win to clinch AFC South
- Teicher: Chiefs head into postseason with lots of momentum after 10th straight win
- Ganguli: J.J. Watt reminds everyone what he can do with two hands
NFC wild-card games
- Goessling: Vikings' p-p-playoff game is going to be c-c-cold
- Kapadia: Five things to know about Seahawks-Vikings matchup
- Kapadia: Five numbers behind Russell Wilson's historic season
- Kapadia: Seahawks in position to make a Super Bowl run
- Goessling: Vikings win NFC North, but tough playoff matchup with Seahawks looms
- Romero: Richard Sherman on possibly facing Cards in playoffs: 'They should be concerned'
- Demovsky: No relief in sight for Packers' struggling offense
- Keim: Redskins' offense fuels confidence entering postseason
- Demovsky: Packers' NFC North dominance ends, will open playoffs on the road
- Keim: Kirk Cousins' development, teammates lead to record-setting season
Teams with first-round byesAFC
No. 1: Denver Broncos
- Legwold: Broncos want to see how Peyton Manning's foot responds before naming starter
- Legwold: Work in practice, Kubiak's 'gut feeling' put Peyton Manning back in action
- Legwold: Broncos now sport combination of title-worthy defense to go with Peyton Manning's return
- Legwold: Peyton Manning's return sparks Broncos' comeback
- Reiss: Patriots squander chance to ensure No. 1 seed
- Reiss: Patriots' playoff chances not looking rosy after uninspiring loss
- Reiss: Why the conservative game plan for the Patriots?
No. 1: Carolina Panthers
- Newton: Cam Newton, Panthers determined to be themselves in the playoffs
- Newton: With Cam Newton and strong defense, Panthers have what it takes to go all the way
- Newton: Panthers' Cam Newton equals two of childhood hero Steve Young's records
- Weinfuss: Cardinals learn 'valuable lesson' in blowout loss to Seahawks
- Weinfuss: Carson Palmer, Cardinals have chance to make Super Bowl run