As the NBA prepares to finalize the record-breaking $2 billion sale of the Los Angeles Clippers, banned owner Donald Sterling insists he's ready to "move on."
"I feel fabulous, I feel very good," Sterling told NBC4 on Tuesday night when asked how he felt about his wife, Shelly, selling the team to former Microsoft CEO Steve Ballmer. "Everything is just the way it should be, really. It may have worked out differently, but it's good. It's all good.
"I'm OK, I'm OK. Is the NBA OK? I'm not sure about that. Is [NBA commissioner] Adam Silver OK? I'm sure he's OK."
Once the NBA approved Ballmer's bid to buy the Clippers on Friday, a hearing to determine Donald Sterling's future was canceled. Instead, the NBA Board of Governors will vote on the deal agreed upon by Shelly Sterling and Ballmer, who bid $2 billion for the team.
It's unclear whether Donald Sterling will move forward with a lawsuit he filed last week against the league asking for damages in excess of $1 billion.
Since the agreement between the NBA and the Sterling trust was announced after the lawsuit was filed in court, Donald Sterling's attorney, Max Blecher, said he needed to review all the new information before proceeding.
"We gotta sit down and see how all of this affects us," Blecher told ESPN.com's Ramona Shelburne.
Whether or not Sterling moves forward with his own lawsuit, he still could be busy in court. Sterling also is facing a lawsuit from a woman who alleges that while she was a former employee of his, she had a romantic relationship with him and was subjected to a "steady stream of racially and sexually offensive comments," according to the complaint.
Sterling's comments Tuesday came while the owner was at a dinner for nonprofit organization Shelter Partnerships in downtown Los Angeles. He said he was there to support the cause.