S. Carolina bar cancels NFL package over anthem controversy

VIDEO: Pences planned exit from NFL game cost taxpayers $242,000PlayABCNews.com
WATCH Pence's planned exit from NFL game cost taxpayers $242,000

Interested in National Anthem Protests?

Add National Anthem Protests as an interest to stay up to date on the latest National Anthem Protests news, video, and analysis from ABC News.

A South Carolina bar has canceled its NFL package over players not standing for the national anthem.

WIS-TV reports that manager Kim Lanier says Lucky's Burger Shack nixed its package after conversations with customers over current events. Lanier said the Irmo establishment would show a game playing on a local channel if a customer asked to watch it.

The move follows President Donald Trump's statements last month that any NFL players who kneel during the anthem should be fired. That prompted more players to kneel during Sunday games. Other players stood and locked arms with teammates or stayed in the locker room during the anthem.

Last month, Palmetto Restaurant and Ale House in Greenville said it wouldn't show NFL games until players stopped kneeling and began respecting the American flag.

———

Information from: WIS-TV, http://www.wistv.com