"If you stood in line for four hours and then got your iPhone and it didn't work, boy you were angry and frustrated, but within a few hours you probably got it working and then spent the weekend playing [with it]," said Greengart.
"There is still nothing like this on the market," added Greengart.
While the problems customers encountered have since been resolved, neither Apple nor AT&T has apologized to customers.
Calls made to Apple were not immediately returned and the most recent statement on its Web site announces Sunday's sale of the one millionth 3G iPhone.
Jeremy Horwitz, tech analyst and editor in chief of iLounge, a site for iPod and iPhone information, told ABCNews.com that customers deserve some recognition for what they went through this weekend.
"The interesting thing here is that there hasn't been any damage control yet," said Horwitz.
"Apple and AT&T both knew exactly what they were getting themselves into by [encouraging] customers to form lines," said Horwitz. "But neither have apologized for putting people through a grueling and dissatisfying experience."
Horwitz said the decline in consumers' trust in Apple began during last year's iPhone launch and the events of this past weekend have only exacerbated the situation.
"This year everyone was waiting in line and everyone hated the experience," said Horwitz. "The real question here is if there is any benefit to being the first person to buy an Apple product when the price will drop and the experience of waiting in line is not enjoyable."
He added: "The experience of waiting in line doesn't leave one's memory, and may lead people to wonder if they should brave it the next time."