Transcript: Sens. Kent and DeMint

STEPHANOPOULOS: And what's likely, George, is unemployment will continue to go up and the deficit will continue to go up, and we're going to see the numbers on that as Congress comes back to deal with health care.

WILL: That's right and it's interesting. I don't know why they did it, perhaps Paul knows. They have delayed releasing the usual July report on the budget outlook.

KRUGMAN: That's normal for the first year.

WILL: If the recession is over, let us know. And particularly if it ended in July, it ended before 8 percent of the stimulus, more than 8 percent of the stimulus had been spent. So let's cancel the other 92 percent.

HUFFINGTON: This is a surrealistic debate. How can we say the recession is over when unemployment is expected to go over 10 percent, foreclosures keep growing at the rate of -- beyond what anybody expected.

STEPHANOPOULOS: I want you all to answer that in the green room, continues the debate there. We're going to be back with "The Sunday Funnies." But as we take a break, take a look at this week's happiest video. To St. Paul, Minnesota, the rollicking wedding of Jill and Kevin Heinz. It's gotten more than 6 million hits on YouTube and it's guaranteed to make you smile.

-- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 8175779. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 8175779. -- This embed didnt make it to copy for story id = 8175779.
Join the Discussion
blog comments powered by Disqus
You Might Also Like...
See It, Share It
Grand Prize Winner
Anuar Patjane Floriuk/National Geographic Traveler Photo Contest
PHOTO: Researchers working with the Atlantic White Shark Conservancy identified two great white sharks on July 28, 2015.
Wayne W.Davis/Atlantic White Shark Conservancy