VOICES FROM IRAQ
- Dec. 29: Confidence Down Slightly From Last Week
- Poll: Fake Christmas Trees Grow Popular
- Most Americans Want Supreme Court Nominee to Share Abortion Views
- Dec. 22: Confidence Up the Past Month
- Poll: Few See Crisis in Social Security
- Poll: President's Year-End Job Approval
- Dec. 15: Confidence Above Average
- Online Buyers Boost Holiday Spending Plans
- Dec. 8: Consumer Confidence Stabilizes
- Dec. 1: Consumer Confidence Retreats
At the Close of 2004, A Bumpy Ride Ends Where it Began
More DECEMBER 2004 stories...
- Turkey Day's Exempt From Low-Carb Craze
- Consumer Confidence Its Highest Since January
- Economic Pessimism Eases
- Consumer Confidence Stalls
- Exit Poll: Ohio Reflects Divisions Across the Nation
- Consumer Confidence Soars
- Poll: Campaign Ends With One-Point Race
Assessing Americans' Favorite Parts of Thanksgiving
More NOVEMBER 2004 stories...
Oct. 26-31 2004
- Poll: Virtual Dead Heat in Race's Final Days
- Poll: Bush-Kerry Race Closing Close
- Poll: Bush Back at 50 Percent Mark
- Poll: Most Voters Confident Vote Will Be Counted
- Poll: Anger Among Conservatives Rises
- Consumer Confidence Stable
- Poll: Nearly 1 in 10 Has Already Cast Vote
- Poll: Second Debate Changed Few Minds
- Poll: Kerry Closing In as Debate Nears
Bush Maintains 49-48 Edge; Gender Gap Reappears, With Men Leaning Toward Bush
More Oct. 26-31 2004 stories...
Oct. 19-25 2004
- Poll: 'Wrong Track' Sentiment Boosts Kerry
- Poll: Close Bush-Kerry Race Gets Closer
- Poll: Voters Divided Along Marital Lines
- POLL: American Sex Survey
- Poll: Young Voters Favor Kerry
- Poll: Voters Concerned with Flu Vaccine and Draft
- Poll: Bush Hits 50 Percent
- Economic Outlook Weakens
- Poll: Advantage Kerry in Ohio Race
Kerry Gets Help From Voters Who Fear Nation Heading in Wrong Direction
More Oct. 19-25 2004 stories...
Oct. 11-18 2004
- Poll: Candidates Neck and Neck
- Poll: Bush Has Expectations Working on His Side
- Poll: Most Condemn Kerry Debate Comment
- Poll: Bush's Loss Is Kerry's Gain
- Poll: Candidates in Dead Heat
- Consumer Confidence Steadies
- Poll: Presidential Personality Contest
- Poll: Second Debate Changed Few Minds
- Poll: Last Presidential Debate Is a Draw
As Election Looms, Bush Has a Slight Edge in Some Underlying Issues
More Oct. 11-18 2004 stories...
Oct. 1-10 2004
- Poll: A Look at the Anger Factor
- Poll: Debate Divide
- Poll: Opinions on Issues Offer Debate Blueprint
- Poll: Split Among Swing Voters Creates a Close Race
- Poll: Kerry Closing In as Debate Nears
- Poll: More Viewers Say Cheney Won Debate
- Consumer Confidence Slips Below Average
- Poll: Voter Interest High
- Poll: Kerry Gaining but Bush Still in Lead
Bush Leads Close Race, but Sparks Anger Among Kerry Followers
More Oct. 1-10 2004 stories...
- Poll: Kerry Wins Debate, But No Change
- Sept. 27: High Stakes as Debates Loom With the Advantage Still to Bush
- Bush's Lead Grows in Wisconsin
- Sept. 15: As Tight as it Gets in Pennsylvania, With an Edge to Bush in Retailing
- Sept. 9: Campaign Enters Decisive Phase With an Advantage to Bush
- Sept. 8: Convention Boosts Confidence - At Least Among Republicans
- Sept. 1: Riven by Political Partisanship, Confidence is Off Midsummer High
More Viewers Say Kerry Won Debate, But Voter Preferences Remain the Same
More SEPTEMBER 2004 stories...
- Aug. 30: At the Opening of his Convention, the Currents Shift Toward Bush
- Aug. 25: Consumer Confidence: Lemons or Lemonade?
- Aug. 18: Public's Economic Views Diverge From Bush's Message
- Aug. 11: Consumer Confidence Edges Lower - But Not All That Low
- Aug. 4: Consumer Confidence Steady Near its '04 High
- Aug. 2: After his Convention, a Tepid Bump for Kerry
More AUGUST 2004 stories...
- July 28: Consumer Confidence Poses a Challenge for the Democrats
- July 26: Kerry Weakens on Issues & Attributes, Raising Stakes for Convention
- Poll: Charting 'Convention Bounce'
- July 21: Consumer Confidence Interplays With Politics
- July 14: Consumer Confidence Rests at a Five-Month Peak
- July 7: Consumer Confidence its Best in Five Months
More JULY 2004 stories...
JUNE 16-30 2004
- June 30: Consumer Confidence Advances for Second Straight Week
- June 23: Consumer Confidence Jumps, Reversing Month-Long Decline
- June 22: Time Tempers Take on Bill Clinton
- June 21: Price of Gas: $1.94; Fair Price of Gas: $1.42
- June 21: Bush Loses Ground on Terrorism Amid Concerns About Iraq
- June 16: Confidence Nears '04 Low as Price Index Rises
More JUNE 16-30 2004 stories...
June 1-15 2004
- June 15: Reaganomics Revisited: Change the Currency?
- June 11: More Than Seven in 10 Oppose Compulsory Voting
- June 9: Confidence Treads Water
- June 7: Reagan Retrospective
- June 4: Most Say Church Leaders Should Steer Clear of Politics
- June 2: Rising Gas Prices Continue to Weigh Down Consumer Confidence
More June 1-15 2004 stories...
- May 30: America's Obesity Crisis: Broad Concerns, Little Action
- May 27: Most Americans Reject Torture, but Back Some Coercive Practices
- May 26: Consumer Confidence Drops as Gas Prices Keep Climbing
- May 25: Emotional Responses on Iraq: Anger Up, Pride Down, Worry Level
- May 24: Bush Ratings Hit New Lows Amid Concerns on Iraq, Economy
- May 19: Consumer Confidence Steady, but Expectations are Glum
- May 12: Consumer Confidence Stalls After a Two-Week Advance
- May 7: Most Are Dismayed by Prisoner Abuse
- May 5: Confidence Maintains Momentum
- May 2: Bush Has Edge Over Kerry on Some Personal Attributes
More MAY 2004 stories...
- April 29: Cheating Among Teens: Widespread, and Often Works
- April 28: Consumer Confidence Posts a Robust Gain
- April 22: Battlegrounds are Close But Not Much Different
- April 22: More Cite Gasoline Prices As a Serious Financial Hardship
- April 21: Improvement Short-Lived as Consumer Confidence Edges Lower
- April 19: Iraq and the Election: Bush Hangs Tough
- April 13: Consumer Confidence Shakes Off Slump
- April 6: Consumer Confidence Holds Steady
- April 5: Most Shia Arabs Oppose Attacks; Islamic State is not Preferred
- April 1: Anti-Coalition Sentiment in Anbar Is Vastly Higher Than in All Iraq
More APRIL 2004 stories...
MARCH 15-31 2004
- March 31: Consumer Confidence, Still Below Average, Gains Back Some Ground
- March 24: Consumer Confidence Steadies
- March 17: Consumer Confidence Slides Further; Expectations Worsen as Well
- March 17: Concern in Iraq Peaks Among its Sunni Arabs
- March 15: Building Better Voters: Just Talk About It
- 2004 Poll: While Ambivalent About the War, Most Iraqis Report a Better Life
More MARCH 15-31 2004 stories...
- March 10: Same-Sex Marriage Opponents More Apt to Call it a Voting Issue
- March 10: Consumer Confidence Reaches Four-Month Low
- March 8: Campaign 2004 Roadmap: Edge to Kerry, but Miles to Go
- March 3: Consumer Confidence Slips Further
- March 2: Kerry's Super Tuesday Cocktail: Dash of Anger, Splash of Electability
More MARCH 1-14 stories...
FEB. 16-29 2004
- Feb. 27: In Public's Oscar Picks, Lord of the Rings Rules
- Feb. 26: The Catholic Church Scandal: Broad Public Doubts Remain
- Feb. 25: Confidence Takes a Breather After Falling Steeply Last Week
- Feb. 24: Nation Divided Over Amendment to Ban Homosexual Marriages
- Feb. 17: A Chink in Kerry's Armor Lets Edwards Make it Close
- Feb. 17: Plunge in Consumer Confidence Equals Its Steepest Drop on Record
More FEB. 16-29 2004 stories...
Feb. 1-15 2004
- Feb. 15: Six in 10 Take Bible Stories Literally; Don't Blame Jews for Jesus' Death
- Feb. 15: Throttle Back on the Group du Jour
- Feb. 12: Iraq, Economy, and the Democrats Pull Bush's Popularity to Career Low
- Feb. 11: The Electability Train Runs South
- Feb. 11: Consumer Confidence on Ice
- Feb. 4: Consumer Confidence Holds Steady
- Feb. 3: Electability Again Boosts Kerry, But Without Southern Comfort
More Feb. 1-15 2004 stories...
JAN. 21-31 2004
- Jan. 28: Behind Kerry's NH Win: Broad Base, Moderate Image, Electability
- Jan. 28: Confidence Takes a Break From Recent Surge
- Jan. 23: Advice for Seekers of More Free Time: Beware of Kids and Full-Time Jobs
- Jan. 22: Run the Country? Most Teens Would Pass
- Jan. 21: Most Oppose Gay Marriage, But Balk at Amending Constitution
- Jan. 21: Bush Addresses the Nation Amid Improving Economic Views
More JAN. 21-31 2004 stories...
JAN. 1-20 2004
- Jan. 20: Kerry Shows Broad Strength in Iowa; Dean Struggles in Core Groups
- Jan. 19: Bush's Popularity Narrowly Based; Democrats Match Him in Public Trust
- Jan. 14: Consumer Confidence Pauses at 18-Month Peak
- Jan. 12: Most Oppose Bush Immigration Plan; If Created, 2/3 Favor Limited Period
- Jan. 7: Rally in Confidence Extends Into New Year
- Jan. 5: Most Want Pete Rose Back in Baseball
More JAN. 1-20 2004 stories...
- Polling Unit Archives 2009
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2008
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2007
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2006
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2005
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2004
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2003
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2002
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2001
- The Polling Unit: Archives 2000
- The Polling Unit: Archives 1999
More POLL ARCHIVES stories...