Connecticut Christmas Fire: Discarded Fireplace Embers Caused Blaze

The Christmas morning fire at a Connecticut home that killed three girls and their grandparents was started by fireplace embers that had been cleared out of the fireplace and put in either a mud room attached to the house or a trash enclosure next to it, fire officials said today. It is unclear whether there were smoke alarms in the house, which was in the middle of an extensive renovation. Officials said the family was allowed to live in the house during the construction, but that the second...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.