A 23-year-old man accused of killing an 8-year-old boy and three adults in southern Ohio is in custody following an urgent manhunt, the Lawrence County sheriff announced today.
Arron Lawson, who officials say is a relative of his four alleged victims, was captured after spending over 24 hours at large.
He was wanted for the fatal shootings of three adults who were found dead in a house trailer Wednesday evening, as well as a young boy who was also shot dead and apparently hidden in the home, The Associated Press reported. The boy was initially thought to be missing after police discovered the bodies of the three adults, authorities said; his body was not found until Thursday.
Family member Brooke McClain wept as she told reporters today, "My sister and my nephew and my mom and my stepdad -- I just can't believe they're gone. ... I still can't get over that I can't call them anymore."
"I went out myself and started looking -- because I wanted him to be in here," she said of Lawson.
The sheriff's office said the victims were identified as: Donald McGuire, 50; Tammie McGuire, 43; Staci Jackson, 28; Devin Holston, 8. The McGuires lived together, and Jackson and Devin lived together.
A fourth adult was also stabbed at the home and was hospitalized for treatment, officials said.
The suspect was captured after a local resident saw him walking along a road and notified the sheriff's office, Lawrence County Sheriff Jeff Lawless said at a news conference today. Officers working the area quickly intercepted him without incident, Lawless said.
The search for the suspected killer had prompted several school districts to cancel classes, the AP reported.
He is being charged with three counts of murder and one count of aggravated murder; the sheriff said additional charges could be brought.
Officials had previously said Lawson's first name was spelled Aaron.
ABC News' Rachel Katz contributed to this report.
The Associated Press contributed to this report.