Tennessee Family's Home Burns to the Ground as Firefighters Stand and Watch

Firefighters aren't afraid to break down windows and doors to douse flames, but a Tennessee family's failure to pay a $75 fee stopped firefighters dead in their tracks last week as a home burned to the ground. South Fulton, Tenn., firefighters stood on the sidelines, watching as flames engulfed Gene Cranick's Obion County home. They refused to help because Cranick had not paid an annual "pay to spray" subscription fee. "I just forgot to pay my $75," homeowner Gene Cranick said. "I did it...Full Story
Commenting on this article is closed.