Your look at the five biggest and most buzz-worthy stories of the morning.
1. Senate Leaders 'Optimistic' to End Shutdown
Senate Majority Leader Harry Reid said he was "optimistic" about the prospects of the Senate striking a deal to end the government shutdown and avert a default.
2. Car Bomb in Syria Kills at Least 12
A car bombing in rebel-held Darkoush, Syria killed at least 12 people and wounded dozens.
3. Police Release Image of Man Wanted for Questioning in Madeleine McCann Case
U.K. police have released images of a man they want to question in connection with the disappearance of Madeleine McCann who went missing from her parent's hotel room in Portugal in 2007 when she was just 3 years old.
4. US Man Found Hanged in Egypt Jail Cell
An American man identified as 66-year-old James Lunn was found hanged in a jail cell in a police station near the banks of the Suez Canal.
5. Major Casting Change in 'Fifty Shades' Movie
Charlie Hunnam is no longer going to play Christian Grey in the movie adaptation of "Fifty Shades of Grey."