Roach-Eating Contest: Florida Man Dead

Edward Archbold became ill shortly after eating dozens of live bugs and worms.
3:00 | 10/09/12

Coming up in the next {{countdown}} {{countdownlbl}}

Coming up next:

{{nextVideo.title}}

{{nextVideo.description}}

Skip to this video now

Now Playing:

{{currentVideo.title}}

More information on this video
Enhanced full screen
Explore related content
Comments
Related Extras
Related Videos
Video Transcript
Transcript for Roach-Eating Contest: Florida Man Dead
The first annual midnight madness -- -- Ben Siegel reptiles and Deerfield Beach. This man 32 year old Edward arch bold. Was one of many contestants -- to chop down on cockroaches. But detectives say after Edward consumed dozens of roaches and worms he got sick. Really sick. He was transported to north Broward medical center where he died that's -- thing. I mean you can talk a little -- this man's daughter was at the contest. There -- given way really it's not just. Can do without your -- it's it's little. Not my cup team that's -- very saddened by this summer it was a shock. -- he was a very nice guy we just -- him that night but everyone that works here was. Very fond of -- he was outgoing with the life of the party and you really made are made -- night more fun. The tells us contestants have to sign a waiver saying they're not drunk and haven't taken drugs and don't have any allergies to shelf niche which have similar allergens as roaches. The medical examiner still has test to run so has not determined yet what actually killed Edward. At this point I really can't talk about too much just because we're still waiting to find out exactly what happened. Minority -- the waiting. -- -- --

This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.

{"id":17429979,"title":"Roach-Eating Contest: Florida Man Dead","duration":"3:00","description":"Edward Archbold became ill shortly after eating dozens of live bugs and worms.","section":"US","mediaType":"Default"}