Now, we'll move on to a different kind of duel. This is finger pointing because of a massive security breach at a giant airport. Jfk right here in new york. The bizarre sight of a man dripping wet... See More
Now, we'll move on to a different kind of duel. This is finger pointing because of a massive security breach at a giant airport. Jfk right here in new york. The bizarre sight of a man dripping wet walking across two runways. So where was all that security? The wildly expensive security system. Abc's senior national correspondent jim avila set out to get answers. Reporter: The man who stumbled through jfk airport's $100 million security system went to the doctor today and hired a lawyer to fight trespassing charges. He's been through a lot of difficult times this weekend. Reporter: What daniel casillo went through amounted to an unofficial, unintended test of the incredibly expensive airport security system. Ground surveillance radars. Video motion detection- equipped cameras, and smart fencing" guaranteed to find intruders "at a minimum 95%" of the time. Casillo is apparently among the remaining 5%, because when his jet ski falters over the weekend, just off the runway at jfk, he swims towards the light, walks across two runways, all the way to delta airlines terminal three. If a 31-year-old jet skier could penetrate that system, then we have deficiencies and they have to be addressed before the next time we see a terrorist with very sinister motives. Reporter: We tried to ask federal authorities that exact question, but no one at the tsa would be interviewed, saying they are working with investigators, along with airport officials, who promised to step up perimeters and boat patrols. We need heads to roll. Now we have to turn around and hold government accountable. Reporter:100 million of your money spent on a failed security system, while you are still stepping out of your shoes at this airport. Jim avila, abc news, washington.
This transcript has been automatically generated and may not be 100% accurate.