First make the vinaigrette:
For the vinaigrette:
1 egg yolk
1 tablespoon champagne vinegar
1 tablespoon water
1 dash Vietnamese fish sauce
2 dashes Soy sauce
1/4 cup canned truffles/truffle juice
1/2 cup white truffle oil
1/2 cup canola oil
Chopped chives for garnish
1. In a blender combine the first six ingredients to create vinaigrette (who doesn't love truffle juice?)
2. While the blender is running slowly add the two oils.
Then compose the dish:
12 stalks Jumbo Asparagus (peeled and blanched)
1 Tablespoon Extra Virgin Olive Oil
Salt and pepper to taste
2 Tablespoons clarified butter
A small hunk of Reggiano Parmesan
1. Preheat your broiler or grill to high (drizzle the asparagus with olive oil and season with salt and pepper).
2. Quickly roast or grill the asparagus, making sure to maintain its bright green color.
3. Meanwhile in a Teflon pan, fry four eggs in the clarified butter, sunny-side up.
4. Cut the asparagus in half on an angle and arrange on four warm plates.
5. Carefully lay the eggs on top of the asparagus.
6. With a veg peeler shave some parmesan on top of each egg.
7. Drizzle each plate with the vinaigrette and garnish with the chives.